CISD Bus Services/Registration
The Coppell ISD Transportation Department offers two types of bus service for the students of Coppell ISD:
1. The Pay to Ride service enables students who live within two miles of their school to ride the bus for a fee. Not all neighborhoods qualify for Pay to Ride service. Please check the Coppell ISD Website to see if your address qualifies.
2. The Regular service are for the students who live farther than two miles from their school, and it is free.
ALL students who ride a school bus will have to acquire a Bus Photo ID card in order to ride, this includes Pre-K students. Student(s) must have their bus pass before each first day of school and before riding the bus. The bus ID card will be required and must be displayed to the bus driver when boarding the bus. Failure to display the bus pass three times may result in termination of bus service for the remainder of the school year. No refunds will be given to any student who is removed from the bus for disciplinary reasons.
Lost/Stolen Bus Pass ID: Students will be charged a $5.00 fee to replace a lost/stolen bus pass ID card. (This must be paid by Cash or Check. Credit Card is not accepted for Lost/Stolen Bus Pass Replacement Charge.)
Buses will run as close as possible to the published schedule. However, the first several weeks of a school year are a period of adjustment. Routes will not run early but may occasionally run late until revisions are made. Bus schedules and times will be posted at each campus during school registration dates as well as in the local newspaper and on the district and campus websites. Questions regarding Bus Routes, please contact the Transportation Office at 214-496-8090. Please note:
- Each route has designated stops. These are the only stops where students will be allowed to board the bus. Please check with the school or call the Transportation Office at 214-496-8090 for these bus stops.
- Students are expected to ride their designated bus to and from school.
- Students should be at the bus stop 10 minutes prior to the scheduled time of pick up.
Please contact the Transportation Office for the following questions at 214.496.8090:
1. Bus Routes and Stops
2. Lost and Found Items on Buses
3. Special Transportation for Pre-K students, ESL, Victory Place, etc.
2016-17 Bus Pass Registration
For Bus Pass REGISTRATION questions:
Call 214.496.8082 or
Bus Pass Procedures-August 2016
1. Please bring your student(s) to the Service Center meeting room located at 1303 Wrangler Circle, Suite 107, Coppell, TX 75019, located behind Coppell Middle School West, during the Registration Schedule times below.
Your Student(s) MUST be present in order to have their photo taken.
2. You will be required to fill out the 2016-2017 Bus Pass Application Form which will be available to you at the time of registration, or you can download the form (located on the right hand side of this webpage) and fill it out prior to arriving and bring it with you.
3. We will check your address and verify which bus route you qualify for: Regular, Pay to Ride, or No Bus Service. Once verified, we will process the application, payment* will be DUE (if needed-for Pay to Ride route), we then take the student picture and print out the Bus Pass ID Badge for you to take.
*If you have paid via credit card online through SchoolPay, you are required to bring your receipt to verify payment.
Special Education Students who qualify for regular bus service will not be charged a fee to receive transportation and *DO NOT need a bus pass/photo ID.
Dual Language Immersion/Bilingual Students
: Transportation is provided for only those whose homes qualified as Spanish speaking
, and who live more than two miles from the location of the school they will attend for the Dual Language Program. Spanish speakers qualify for this service due to this being the program we use to serve our Spanish speaking learners. English speakers
who choose to participate in the program are responsible for their own transportation if they live outside the two mile limit. For more information about the Dual Language program and qualifications click here
PRE-K: No transportation UNLESS the residence is more than two miles from the PRE-K campus. No option for Pay to Ride. Pre-K students are assigned to Austin Elementary not their ‘home school’ from the street list. Only those Pre-K students who qualify for Pre-K under the ESL qualification and live more than 2 miles from their assigned Pre-K campus receive transportation.
Free or Reduced Lunch Students: Students who qualify for Free/Reduced Lunches are eligible for free transportation and verification will be required through the Child Nutrition Department. If you wish to apply for Free/Reduced Lunch, please contact the Child Nutrition Department at 214.496.8050.
All Lee Elementary Students are eligible for Free (Regular) Bus Service during the 2015-2016 School Year.