SCHOOL TRANSFER REQUEST GUIDELINES:
- Coppell ISD transportation services will not be provided to the requested elementary school. Therefore, I must provide my own transportation to and from school.
Transfers requests based solely as a result of boundary rezoning will not be approved.
If necessary, the district will use a “lottery” type system to decide which students may be offered the opportunity to transfer.
My child must be in attendance each day, on time, and picked up immediately after school.
My child must work diligently academically, exhibit good behavior, and follow the Coppell ISD Student Code of Conduct.
When my child is old enough to go to middle school, my child will attend the feeder-pattern middle school as assigned to my neighborhood and address. Any variances will be granted on a space available basis. Transportation will not be provided.
Should the Coppell ISD Board of Trustees change attendance zones in a manner that affects this placement, my child may be zoned to attend a different school in the district.
Should my child be selected to attend my requested school, my decision is final and will not be changed unless the change is in the best interest of the district.
As a voluntary transfer family , please understand that the following items apply:
The only reasons we would ask you to return to your home campus would be one of the following:
- Attendance (excessive tardies or absences)
- Behavior (if a student is struggling to follow the Student Code of Conduct in our environment)
- Grades (if a student is not doing their best to perform well in school) An example of this would be the student continuously not having homework completed, not doing their work in class, or disrupting learning in some way for themselves or others.
- Additional siblings can only be accepted at our school if space is available at time of enrollment.
- If your home attendance zone attends a middle school other than __________, acceptance to __________ will only be allowed if space is available at time of enrollment, otherwise your child(ren) must attend their home middle school after they leave the 5th grade at this campus.
- Should the Coppell ISD Board of Trustees change attendance zones in a manner that affects this placement, your child(ren) may be zoned to attend a different school in the district.
- Should you choose to return to your home campus, this will only be granted at the beginning of the academic year and only if space is available at the time you wish to change schools.
- As a voluntary transfer student, there will be no bus transportation provided by the district for your child to attend an out of zone school.