2014 UIL Ranks CHS #10 in the Lone Star Cup Standing(The Lone Star Cup honors the best overall athletic and academic programs in Texas)
Mission: The mission of the Coppell Independent School District's athletic program is to offer all athletes the opportunity to achieve their individual athletic potential and their team's athletic potential while developing an appreciation for integrity, academics, attitude, perseverance, responsibility, and the art of goal setting.
- The combination of sports and academics can be a tremendous experience in a young person's life. A broad and sound sports program for all students can provide invaluable experiences for the participants.
- A sound, wholesome sports program will contribute to and offer involvement to all students as participants, support groups, or as spectators. It will also serve the community by providing entertainment and establishing a common ground of interest, which will draw citizens together in support of the various sports and activities.
- It is important to see athletics as a part of the total educational program. It should complement and contribute to the overall educational process.
- Developing the total student: academically, socially, and physically.
- Developing an awareness of the vital importance that a positive mental attitude plays toward success in any endeavor.
- Encouraging the student athlete to achieve academic success.
- Creating a climate for developing a strong, wholesome, self-concept.
- Teaching personal acceptance of responsibility to student athletes.
- Teaching all students the importance of each and every team member.
- Reaching the maximum athletic potential of each individual and each team.
- Developing an appreciation for the team concept.
- Developing an appreciation for sportsmanship.
- Reaching a competitive level in each sport.