District News and Announcements
2023 Bond Oversight Committee Applications Available
CISD invites community members to apply to join the 2023 Bond Oversight Committee.
New Tech’s Sarah Myers Awarded Technical Theatre Scholarship from Schmidt and Jones
Congratulations to the Cowboy Theatre Department, which received the Schmidt and Jones Best Stage Management Award for its production of Mamma Mia!
Mockingbird Principal Laura Flynn Receives Texas A&M’s Dean’s Roundtable Award
Mockingbird Elementary Principal Laura Flynn received a Dean’s Roundtable Award from the Texas A&M University School of Education and Human Development.
August 3, 2023
8:00 AM - 9:30 AM 6th Grade Schedule Pickup
10:00 AM - 11:30 AM 7th Grade Schedule Pickup
12:30 PM - 2:00 PM 8th Grade Schedule Pickup
August 10, 2023
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM Late Schedule Pick Up
Please be advised of the Coppell ISD attendance policy:
For all absences
- Send a handwritten note with your child to school within 3 days and include your child's first and last name, dates absent, and an explanation of the reason for the absence (email is not considered a handwritten note)
- If a note is not provided, the absence will be marked unexcused
- Please bring a doctor’s note, not just a handwritten parent note
- Your doctor may fax a note to 214-496-6603
- Please provide a handwritten note after the absence with your child's first and last name, dates absent, and an explanation of the reason for the absence (email is not considered a handwritten note)
- Learner will be responsible for making up work when he/she returns, but does not have to be provided prior to the leave
- If an unexcused extended absence is more than 9 consecutive school days, the learner will be withdrawn ON the 10th consecutive school day
- Please send a handwritten note which indicates the specific date of the religious holiday
- If travel is required, please include the travel dates, and clearly indicate they are travel days.
- Learner will be responsible for making up work when he/she returns