District News and Announcements
Pinkerton’s Narda Holguin Receives State Champion Award
Narda Holguin, who teaches Spanish and is a Language Acquisition Specialist at Pinkerton Elementary...
Message from the Superintendent: Durham Bus Driver
CISD received notification that a Durham Transportation Services bus driver was arrested by the Dallas County Sheriff’s Office yesterday (May 22, 2023).
Early Release on Last Day of School May 26
Friday, May 26, is the last day of school and a CISD early dismissal day.
Parent Social and Emotional Learning Resources
We now have grade level specific read aloud books available for check-out to support your child with social and emotional learning!
Austin Elementary Receives Special Recognition
Austin Elementary was recently selected as 2019 “Schools Transforming Learning
Please be advised of the Coppell ISD attendance policy for elementary learners:For all absences:
- Send a handwritten note with your child to school within 3 days and include your child's first and last name, dates absent, and an explanation of the reason for the absence (email is not considered a handwritten note)
- If a note is not provided, the absence will be marked unexcused
- Please bring a doctor’s note, not just a handwritten parent note
- Please notify the teacher and request approval from the Assistant Principal
- Please provide a handwritten note after the absence with your child's first and last name, dates absent, and an explanation of the reason for the absence (email is not considered a handwritten note)
- Learner will be responsible for making up work when he/she returns, but does not have to be provided prior to the leave
- If the extended absence is more than 9 consecutive school days, the learner will be withdrawn ON the 10th consecutive school day
- Please request approval from the AP and complete the approval request for religious holidays/experiences
- Please send a handwritten note which indicates the specific date of the religious holiday
- If travel is required, please include the travel dates, and clearly indicate they are travel days.
- Learner will be responsible for making up work when he/she returns
Click here for more information on CISD attendance policy and Texas Compulsory Attendance Law.