Why Transform Education?
- Dr. John Kotter: The 8 Step Process for Leading Change: Dr. Kotter is an international change guru and has written many books on the topic of leading change.
- Ken Robinson: Changing Education Paradigms: Below is one of several TED talk videos by Ken Robinson. Ken Robinson is a creativity expert and challenges the way we educate our children. He champions a radical rethink of our school system, to cultivate creativity and acknowledge multiple types of intelligence.
- The Visioning Document is the work of 35 Texas superintendents who participated in the Public Education Visioning Institute beginning in 2006. Watch a video about the Visioning Document and the work of the Texas High Performance Schools Consortium.
- Constructivism as a Paradigm for Teaching and Learning. Better understand constructivism and how it differs from traditional ideas about teaching and learning.
- What the Future of Learning Might Look Like (KnowledgeWorks Forecast 3.0). (Click the graph the see a larger image)
What Does Business & Industry Say About the Need for Change?
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics: Occupational Outlook Handbook. Find statistical data about salary, occupation growth/decline and employment changes in different industries.
- Simon Sinek talks about the Golden Circle that starts with the question, "Why?" He teaches other how to become effective leaders and inspire change.
This book, The Design of Business by Roger Martin, addresses why design thinking is the next competitive advantage. A New Culture of Learning: Cultivating the Imagination for a World of Constant Change by Douglas Thomas and John Seely Brown explores how change inspires us to image a future of learning that is powerful as it is optimistic. Tony Wagner's Creating Innovators looks at why innovation is today's most essential real-world skill and what young people need from parents, teachers, and employers to become the innovators of America's future.