Digital Use & Safety Resources
CISD Digital Learning Article Series
CISD Parent Advisory Group on Technology
- Edutopia, "5 Epiphanies on Learning in a 1:1 iPad Classroom"
- TX Attorney General Gregg Abbott's Educating Texans Plan: High Quality Digital Learning
- Edutopia, "Kids Speak Out on Student Engagement"
- User Generated Education, "SAMR as a Framework for Moving Toward Education 3.0"
- Beth Holland blog article "In Response to 'Redefinition'"
- Edutopia, "Social Media in Education: Resource Roundup"
- Edutopia, "Teaching the Essential Skills of the Mobile Classroom"
- Lisa Nielsen The Innovative Educator-Blog post "Restrictive Social Media Policies Don't Prevent Inappropriate Relationships"
- The Digital Shift, "Harvard Study Examines Youth Views on Technology Use in Schools"
- Mind Shift, "Dispelling Myths About Blocked Websites in Schools"
- Cable in the Classroom, "Digital Citizenship"
- Project Tomorrow (Speak Up)- This website provides research and data about the state and national dialog pertaining to educational technology.
- Common Sense Media-a website dedicated to providing trustworthy information and tools regarding digital activities.
- Institute for Responsible Online and Cell-Phone Communication- a website that provides information to parents and students about internet safety
CISD District-wide Digital Safety Events
- Cybersense: Think Before You Click!-presented by James Munton (October 2013)
- Public & Permanent: How You Can Prevent Digital Dilemmas-presented by Richard Guerry (October 2012)