Valley Ranch Kindergarten Enrollment Procedures

  • Enrollment procedure for NEW KINDERGARTEN STUDENTS at Valley Ranch Elementary:
    • Students need to be 5 years old on or before September 1 of the school year (proof of birth certificate is required)
    • Students need to live within the Coppell ISD boundaries and zoned for Valley Ranch Elementary. (If you are not zoned for Valley Ranch Elementary, click here to find the correct campus)
    • Students registering for Kindergarten should complete this NEW STUDENT form.
    • The school will reach out to you to make an appointment.
    • Appointments will take place at Valley Ranch Elementary, 9600 Rodeo Drive, Irving, TX 75064 (Map)
    • See below for CISD Enrollment Requirements

    Note: Current CISD Pre-Kindergarten students do not need to complete a new enrollment for Kindergarten. The student file will be transferred to their home campus for Kindergarten. You will receive an email from the district (PowerSchool Enrollment) to update your student information.

Additional Opportunities for Kindergarten

CISD Enrollment Requirements

  • Documentation needed at the time of enrollment:
    • Proof of Residency in Coppell Independent School District
      • Buyers SIGNED Closing Disclosure (CD), Warranty Deed, or Current SIGNED Rental Agreement with ALL occupants listed on the lease.
    • One current utility bill (electric, water or gas)
      • Bill must contain the resident name and address
    • Student's social security card (if applicable)
    • Student's State Certified Birth Certificate or Passport
    • Photo identification of parent/legal guardian (driver's license/passport)
      • A custodial parent will need to provide a copy of the divorce decree
      • Legal guardian must provide court documentation
    • Immunization Records (Texas state law will not allow any student to start without this)
      • You will be rescheduled if your child does not have current immunizations
      • Click here for immunization requirements
    • Withdrawal papers from previously attended school (if applicable)
    • Most recent report card from the previous school (if applicable)
      • Please also provide current transcript (unofficial) for secondary students (the campus will request OFFICIAL records from the previous school at a later date)
    • A current email address for online enrollment purposes
    • If a parent authorizes a relative or caregiver to assume educational responsibility please complete the Authorization Agreement for Voluntary Adult Caregiver form (NOTE: this form must be notarized)
    • If a guardian's name is not on the lease or deed of residence because the guardian(s) and child(ren) are living with a CISD resident, please complete the Notarized Affidavit of Residence (NOTE: affidavits must be notarized)
      • Submit the completed affidavit to the secretary/registrar at your campus enrollment appointment
    • If a child is attending a CISD school because they receive after school child care from a grandparent, please complete the Nonresident Notarized Grandparent After-School Care Affidavit (NOTE: affidavit must be notarized)
      • Submit the completed affidavit to the secretary/registrar at your campus enrollment appointment