Student Transfer (Intra-District)
Students who reside in the Coppell ISD boundaries and are currently enrolled in a Coppell ISD school and would like to request a transfer to another Coppell ISD school must complete a transfer request form annually. All students attending their current school on a transfer must complete a transfer request form to remain at the transfer school for the 2019-2020 school year.
Transfer Application Window:
- The first opportunity to transfer is open from March 4th at 8:30 am and will close March 29th at 4:30 pm. Notification to parents of approval/denial will occur no later than April 30th. (Closed)
- Students in grades 4 and 7 that wish to be "grandfathered" to remain at their current campus for the 2019-2020 school year MUST apply during the first transfer window (March 4-29). (Closed)
- The second transfer window will open on May 1st at 8:30 am and close on June 13th at 4:30 pm. Notification to parents will occur no later than July 15th.
- The second transfer window will only include campuses that have enrollment capacity. CMS East, CMS North, Lee Elementary, Pinkerton Elementary and Valley Ranch Elementary campuses are NOT accepting transfers requests due to enrollment numbers.
- Decisions are final and cannot be appealed.
For more information please read the student transfer guidelines.
Student Transfer (For CISD Employees)
- Inter-District Transfers: Full-time CISD employees not living within the Coppell ISD boundaries have an option of transferring their child(ren) to CISD schools.
- Intra-District Transfers: Full-time CISD employees living within the Coppell ISD attendance boundaries may request to transfer their child(ren) to a different school zone within CISD.
The transfer window for Inter-District and Intra-District Transfers opens March 4, 2019 at 8:30 am and closes March 29, 2019 at 4:30 pm.
- The children of staff members are accepted and considered on a space-available basis and must be submitted annually.
- Additional employee student transfer criteria are listed in the employee transfer agreement.
- Employees must arrange for before-and/or after-school care, since their children shall not be permitted to wait with them at their work stations, or in their classrooms during this time.
- Staff members that reside outside of CISD must complete a transfer application prior to applying for the Dual Language Immersion or IB Programs.
Transfer Request Forms are accepted during the 2nd transfer window ONLY (May 1 - June 13).
“Grandfathering” Request Window is CLOSED
Elementary School Transfer Request Form Middle School Transfer Request Form High School Transfer Request Form
NOTE - All request forms must be hand delivered to:
Vonita White Administration Building
200 S. Denton Tap Road
Coppell, TX 75019
Children living in the City of Coppell, Texas, but not residing within the CISD school attendance zone
- Open Enrollment applications will be accepted starting June 17, 2019 through July 11, 2019. Parents will be notified by July 31, 2019 if their applications have been approved or denied.
- Open Enrollment is approved based on availability. Additional Open Enrollment criteria is posted online.
- Click here for more information