The 2019-2020 Open enrollment is for elementary students (grades K-5) and high school students (grades 9-10) who currently live within the City of Coppell, but outside the attendance boundaries of CISD.
Note: Ninth and tenth grade students selected for the New Enrollment will only be offered admission at the New Tech High @ Coppell campus.
- All documents will be submitted electronically.
- All important dates will be listed in the Open Enrollment & Re-Enrollment Procedures booklet.
- Open enrollment is approved based on availability.
- A waitlist will be generated and full applications will only be required once we know the number of seats that are available in Coppell ISD schools.
- The waitlist will be maintained throughout the school year with new Letters of Intent added to the end of the list in December.
- IF seats are available at the beginning of the second semester names will be taken in order from the waitlist.
Open Enrollment applications will be accepted starting June 17, 2019 through July 11, 2019. Parents will be notified by August 7, 2019 if their applications have been approved or denied.
New Enrollment Application
Background Information about the Open Enrollment Program
In April, 2011, the Coppell ISD Board of Trustees approved the use of Open Enrollment for the admission of elementary students who live within the City of Coppell, but outside the attendance boundaries of CISD (an area which includes, but is not limited to Coppell Greens and Riverchase). In February 2018, CISD Board of Trustees voted to expand Open Enrollment to incoming 9th and 10th graders for New Tech High @ Coppell.
The change in the district's policy is intended to create greater efficiency of operations by allowing the predetermined campuses to maximize their enrollment capacity in buildings that are already being heated, cooled, and cleaned. The move could also save a few teaching positions and generate $700,000 - $1M in additional revenue for the district depending on where the legislature sets CISD’s target revenue and the number of students who apply.
The Coppell Independent School District has developed this booklet as a resource for parents who might be considering Open Enrollment as an option for their child. In doing so, we have tried to anticipate every possible question and scenario in an effort to assist you in your decision-making. This booklet includes policies and procedures, and some frequently asked questions…all important information to know.