School Closing Policy
During adverse weather conditions, district officials will assess the weather conditions and the impact of that weather on the safety of students and staff. In the event school must be closed or delayed, a decision will be made as soon as possible, but no later than 6:00 a.m. The announcement will be made in the following ways:
- On the district and campus websites in a yellow scrolling banner at the top of the page and a pop-up message when you first launch the site
- Automated notification by phone and email to parents and staff
- District Twitter and Facebook accounts
- Local radio and television stations
- CISD Voicemail system 214-496-8901
When we have a threat of inclement weather, numerous factors are considered when making a decision about the status of school including:
- the safety of students, staff, and parents
- the safe transportation of students to school and back home
- the disruptions caused in the home, the classroom and for activities (we understand that many parents work outside of the home and it it is a concern to make arrangements for care. We also understand that it is difficult to reschedule events, practices, and make up lost time in the classroom).
Media: Once a decision to close or delay school has been made, the district will contact the following media outlets. The school district does not have control over the accuracy or timeliness of information on media stations. If you have a question about the district's open or closed status, please refer to the district website.
Below are the following radio or television stations that the district notifies:
KDFW-TV Channel 4 KXAS-TV Channel 5 WFAA-TV Channel 8 KTVT-TV Channel 11 KRLD Radio 1080 AM KLUV 98.7 Lite FM 103.7 The Fan 105.3 Jack FM 100.3 Mega 100.5 WBAP Radio 820 AM The Mix 102.9 FM KissFM 106.1 FM The Edge 102.1 FM KZPS 92.5 FM KFXR Cowboy 1190 AM La Preciosa 97.1 FM
PLEASE NOTE: Media outlets only inform viewers and listeners of those school districts that are either starting late or canceling school.
If no information is given, CISD will be starting at the regular time, on a regular schedule.
Bad Weather Make-Up Days: The Coppell ISD calendar reserves bad weather make-up days. Check the school calendar for these specified days. If no school days are lost due to bad weather these dates will be used as holidays.