October 22, 2018 Meeting
Coppell ISD Board Briefs are highlights of select items from the CISD Board of Trustees meetings. Click here for a complete list of agenda items, presentations, meeting minutes and a video of the meeting.
Board Action and Consent Items Highlights
- The Board decided to postpone the vote on naming Coppell ISD’s 11th Elementary School to the November 26, 2018 Board Meeting;
- Trustees approved the award of vendors to supply pizza at secondary campuses;
- The Board approved the Budget Amendments for October 2018 and the September 2018 Financial Report;
- Trustees approved a Resolution recommitting Operating Fund Balance Considering the amount of $3,173,065 under Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) Statement No. 54 for fiscal year ended 2017-2018;
- The Board adopted a Culture of Voting Resolution.
District Highlights & Awards
Several recent CISD achievements were highlighted at the meeting, including:
- National Principals Month;
- Red Ribbon Week - "Life is Your Journey: Travel Drug Free" (October 22-26);
- Denton Creek Elementary's 20th Anniversary Celebration - October 26; and
- The November 6th Election.
Superintendent Discussion and Report Items
Bond Project Update and Hail Damage
Executive Director of of Facilities and Special Projects Louis Macias presented an update on Bond Construction projects, including the construction progress on the district’s 11th Elementary School, renovations at Coppell Middle School East and Coppell Middle School North, and the hail damage from the June 2018 hail storm affecting Coppell. Four CISD schools - Mockingbird Elementary, Valley Ranch Elementary, Lakeside Elementary and CMS East - will need new roofs and Lee Elementary will have repairs to 16 panels of its roof as a result of the storm. These projects are expected to be complete over Thanksgiving or the December/January Holiday Break.
Athletic Director Joe McBride gave an update on CISD’s Athletics program.
Fall Demographic Update
Assistant Superintendent for Administrative Services Kristen Streeter and Trent Smith with Templeton Demographics gave a presentation on the district’s Fall 2018 Demographics.
Strategic Design Update
Director of Community Engagement Tammy Taylor shared an update [link to presentation] on Strategic Design Phase 2. For the 2018-2019 year, CISD will be focused on two key areas: (1) Creating a Culture of Accountability and (2) Pursuing Priority Strategies.
Board of Trustees Discussion and Report Items
Trustees also shared updates on the CISD Education Foundation, the Facilities Naming Subcommittee, Leadership TASB, the North Texas Area Association of School Boards, School Health Advisory Council and the District Education Improvement Committee.
2018 - 2019 Board of Trustees
Tracy Fisher David Caviness Leigh Walker Manish Sethi Anthony Hill Thom Hulme Nichole Bentley