December 17, 2018 Meeting
Coppell ISD Board Briefs are highlights of select items from the CISD Board of Trustees meetings. Click here for a complete list of agenda items, presentations, meeting minutes and a video of the meeting.
Board Action and Consent Items Highlights
- The Board approved the Budget Amendments for December 2018, the November 2018 Financial Report and the Quarterly Investment Report for Period Ending November 30, 2018 ;
- The Board approved Ashley Minton as the new principal of Canyon Ranch Elementary;
- Trustees approved changes made to the Board Operating Procedures Handbook;
- The Board approved adopting changes to the following Board Policies:
- Trustees approved an identified and specifically designated individual with authority to carry a firearm in accordance with administrative regulations and Board policies;
- The Board approved a Resolution, Payment in Lieu of Taxes (PILOT) agreement and a letter of support for the creation of a Foreign Trade Zone to be located at 220 N. Freeport Parkway, Coppell, Texas;
- Trustees received a Presentation and adoption of the annual financial audit for the fiscal year ending August 31, 2018; and
- Annual financial audit for the fiscal year ending August 31, 2018.
District Highlights & Awards
Several recent CISD achievements were highlighted at the meeting, including:
- Great Educators Matters or GEM Recognition;
- Super Teachers;
- CISD Campuses announce Teachers of the Year;
- Coppell ISD Education Foundation Grant Patrol;
- CHS Cowboy Pep Rally Visits to Elementary Schools; and
- The Chamber of Commerce Legislative Town Hall Luncheon.
During the Awards portion of the meeting:
- Barbara S. Austin Elementary 5th Grader Uttalika Dutta was recognized as the 2018 CISD Holiday Greeting Card Winner; and
- Richard J. Lee Elementary 3rd Grader Diya Firos was recognized as being among Winners of 2018 Barbara Bush Foundation Student Essay Contest.
Superintendent Discussion and Report Items
Executive Director of Facilities and Special Projects Louis Macias presented an update on Bond Construction projects, including Canyon Ranch Elementary School, Coppell Middle School East and Coppell Middle School North.
Boundary Realignment Update
Associate Superintendent Sid Grant presented an update on the district’s Boundary Realignment process.
Board of Trustees Discussion and Report Items
Trustees also shared a Legislative Update and received updates on the Coppell Education Foundation, the Long Range Technology Planning Committee, the District Education Improvement Committee (DEIC) and Superintendent's Evaluation Procedures.
2018 - 2019 Board of Trustees
Tracy Fisher David Caviness Leigh Walker Manish Sethi Anthony Hill Thom Hulme Nichole Bentley