February 25, 2019 Meeting
Coppell ISD Board Briefs are highlights of select items from the CISD Board of Trustees meetings. Click here for a complete list of agenda items, presentations, meeting minutes and a video of the meeting.
Board Action and Consent Items Highlights
- The Board approved Elementary Plan A3 and Middle School Plan B3 for Coppell ISD Boundary Realignment (Elementary plan approved 7-0 and Middle School Plan approved 6-1);
- Trustees discussed and approved the final payment to Northstar Builders Group, LLC for the additions and renovations of the Coppell High School Ninth Grade Campus (CHS9);
- Trustees took action on all matters related to the certification of unopposed candidates, and an Order canceling the May 4, 2019, Trustees Election and declaring unopposed candidates for Place 1 - Leigh Walker, Place 2 - Manish Sethi, and Place 3 - Anthony Hill, elected;
- The Board approved a Resolution for Schools and Libraries Universal Services (E-Rate) for 2019-20, which authorizes filing of the Form 471 applications for funding year 2019-20 and the payment of the applicant's share upon approval of funding and receipt of services;
- Trustees approved utilizing a portion of the Child Nutrition fund balance and 2016 bond dollars for kitchen equipment and cafeteria table replacements at various campuses;
- Trustees approved the Budget Amendments for February 2019 and the January 2019 Financial Report.
District Highlights & Awards
Several recent CISD achievements were highlighted at the meeting, including:
- Black History Month;
- Kindness Week at Coppell ISD; and
- Yearbook Recognitions.
During the Awards portion of the meeting:
- All-State Choir students for 2019 were recognized, including Karvi Bharnaga (CHS), Arezue Shakeri (NTH@C), and Evan Barnes (CHS);
- Janelle Bence, facilitator with NTH@C, was recognized for receiving the state Outstanding Teaching of the Humanities Award; and
- Members of the Coppell ISD Business Office were recognized for earning the Texas Comptroller's Financial Transparency Star Award.
Superintendent Discussion and Report Items
Hearing for Public Discussion of the Texas Academic Performance Report
Debbie Youngs, Director of Director of Research, Accountability and Assessment, shared this presentation on the Texas Academic Performance Report for the district.
2018 December STARR Retest Results
Coordinator of Assessment Susie Williams presented an update on the district’s 2018 December STARR Retest Results.
Board of Trustees Discussion and Report Items
Board of Trustees President Tracy Fisher gave a Legislative Update; Trustees Vice President David Caviness shared an update on the Bond Oversight Committee; Trustee Thom Hulme gave an update on the District Education Improvement Council (DEIC).; and Trustee Anthony Hill gave an update on the Quarterly TASB Risk Management Fund Board Meeting, the North Texas Area Association of School Boards (NTAASB) and the recent Parent University presentation.
2018 - 2019 Board of Trustees
Tracy Fisher David Caviness Leigh Walker Manish Sethi Anthony Hill Thom Hulme Nichole Bentley