June 24, 2019 Meeting
Coppell ISD Board Briefs are highlights of select items from the CISD Board of Trustees meetings. Click here for a complete list of agenda items, presentations, meeting minutes and a video of the meeting.
Board Action and Consent Items Highlights
- Trustees approved the Budget Amendments for June 2019, the May 2019 Financial Report and Investment Report for period ending May 31, 2019.
- The Board approved entering into two new Purchasing Cooperatives.
- Trustees approved authorization to negotiate and enter into contract with vendors recommended for award of RFPs.
- The Board approved Memorandum of Understanding regarding Dallas County Juvenile Justice Alternative Education Program (DCJJAEP).
- Trustees approved Memorandum of Understanding between Coppell ISD and the Coppell Education Foundation
- The Board approved:
- Trustees approved Resolution for the 2019-2020 Employee Compensation Plan
- Board elected Nicole Bently to serve as the District's official voting delegate and Manish Sethi to serve as the alternate to the 2019 TASB Delegate Assembly.
District Highlights & Awards
Several recent CISD achievements were highlighted at the meeting, including:
- Austin Elementary and New Tech High @ Coppell designated as 2019 Schools Transforming Learning (SLT) Campuses
- Wilson Elementary named Great Expectations School; and
- Article by Dr. Linda Cook and Malachi Ewbank published by the Journal of Higher Education Theory and Practice.
During the Awards portion of the meeting, Trustees recognized:
- CMS West Student, Rohan Raja, competed at Scripps National Spelling Bee;
- 30 Year Service Award - Janell Thach, First Grade Teacher (Austin Elementary);
- 30 Year Service Award - Diane de Waal, Social Studies Teacher (Coppell High School);
- 35 Year Service Award - Kim Pearce, English AP Coordinator (Coppell High School); and
- Leigh Walker completes Leadership TASB Program and earns Master Trustee Designation
- The Board exercised Board privilege and recognized Kay Ryon, assistant to the Superintendent, who is retiring from CISD at the end of the month after 29 years of service to the district.
Superintendent Discussion and Report Items
School Health Advisory Council (SHAC) Update
Gretchen Crichton, SHAC parent co-chair, shared the Annual Report on SHAC.
Bond Project Update
Associate Superintendent Sid Grant updated on the Bond Project.
2019-2020 Budget Update
Chief Financial Officer Diana Sircar gave an update on the 2019-2020 budget process.
Board of Trustees Discussion and Report Items
Trustee Tracy Fisher gave a Legislative Report, Trustee Anthony Hill shared an update on the TASB Summer Leadership Institute (SLI), Digital Learning Conference, and NTAASB Planning Meeting and Trustee Nichole Bentley updated on Safety and Security Committee Meeting.
2018 - 2019 Board of Trustees
Tracy Fisher David Caviness Leigh Walker Manish Sethi Anthony Hill Thom Hulme Nichole Bentley