Stay in the Know!
CISD Internal Newsletter - June 13, 2019
Austin Elementary & New Tech Selected as "Schools Transforming Learning"
Congratulations to Austin Elementary and New Tech High @ Coppell, which were selected as 2019 “Schools Transforming Learning” by the Principals’ Institute. Austin Principal Lorie Squalls and Vice Principal Rhonda Pickrell, New Tech Principal Steffany Batik and Superintendent Brad Hunt were recognized for this distinction during the Principals’ Institute Summer Conference June 6 in Houston. Each year, the Principals’ Institute designates campuses as “Schools Transforming Learning” for their innovative and transformative approach in providing an engaging learning environment for all students.
House Bill 3 Signed by Governor
Governor Greg Abbott signed House Bill 3 into law June 11, which allows the Texas Education Agency to begin issuing guidance to schools regarding the implementation of this legislation, including employee salaries. TEA has developed a new HB 3 page on their website that contains all the information available regarding HB 3, including:
- Minimum Salary Schedule Increase pursuant to House Bill 3 (HB3)
- House Bill 3 (HB3) Implementation: Salary Increases
- House Bill 3 (HB3) Implementation: Tax rate compression
The CISD Board of Trustees held a Budget Workshop June 10, which focused on how the 86th Legislative Session and House Bill 3 affects the district’s 2019-2020 budget. Click here to watch the video of the Workshop. The draft budget document discussed with Trustees, as well as other 2019-2020 budget information, is available at coppellisd.com/budget. You also can visit coppellisd.com/legislative for additional information on the recent legislative session.
STAAR results were shared with our children and their parents and guardians yesterday (June 11). Our Core Value of "Redefining Success" aligns with our belief that our kids in Coppell ISD are more than a test score. On June 11, we launched a social media campaign #CISDRedefiningSuccess to counter the STAAR results and encourage our families to share their redefining success stories and emphasize the incredible things our kids are doing beyond a test score. Please join us in sharing your redefining success stories on social media and encouraging others to do the same.
Thank you to those who attended the Digital Learning Conference May 30 and 31. There were more than 400 CISD staff members at CMS West, engaging with each other and enhancing their great teaching skills.If you attended, please complete this survey to share feedback on your experience.
Click here to watch the video of our conference experience.
We are EXCITED to invite you to attend our Social Emotional Learning Summer Conference July 17 and 18. All members of our CISD family are welcome - this is not limited to classroom educators! Join us to learn about how to attend to your social emotional needs and the needs of your learners. You also will have the opportunity to begin earning your Flex/SBEC/GT* credit for 2019-2020! Create your personalized schedule using Sched by clicking here! Sign up will close Friday, July 5.
Finally, if you are not able to join us at either #CISDLearns Summer conference, please check out our virtual professional learning offerings.
*Not all courses are eligible for GT credit – use the filters in Sched to determine which ones are.
2019-2020 Benefits Update: Health Savings Account Added
CISD is adding a Health Savings Account option for the 2019-2020 plan year. In order to obtain a Health Savings Account, you must enroll in the high deductible health plan. If you have a high deductible plan through your spouse, please contact Johnna Durham directly at email@example.com after July 1 to assist in enrolling in the HSA for the 2019-2020 plan year. For more information and the differences between a Flexible Spending Account and a Health Savings Account, please click here.
Representatives from First Financial will be available during the month of July to help with your enrollment. Please click on the following link to schedule a brief appointment https://coppellschools.timetap.com.
TRS Active Care has a new mobile app. Click here for the instructions. For assistance or questions with the new mobile app, please contact Aetna at 1-800-222-9205.
Reminder, the OPEN ENROLLMENT DATES for 2019-20 are July 1 – August 23, 2019. Click here for instructions on how to enroll.
New Hire Orientation & Induction Training
New Hire Orientation Meetings, led by the Human Resources Department, will be held in the CISD Administration Building Board Room from 8 a.m. to noon. Technology will issue devices to new staff at the start of the orientation. These New Hire Orientation and Induction Training Dates are:
- Wednesday, June 26
- Wednesday, July 10
- Wednesday, July 17
- Wednesday, July 31
Important August Back-to-School Dates:
- August 5 - New Hire Breakfast and Induction at CMS West at 7:30 a.m.
- August 6 - 8- Teachers Return to Campus & Professional Development
- August 9 - CISD Convocation at the CHS Arena at 8:30 a.m. (Doors Open at 8 a.m.)
- August 12 - Elementary School Meet the Teacher Night from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- August 14 - First Day of School
Did You Know?
- If you need to make changes to your CISD email signature, here are the steps:
- To change either the Prefix or Title Suffix fields in your signature, please request those changes via this Google link.
- HR will review, approve and make those changes for you. Please note this could take up to 1-2 business days for the change to occur within your email signature.
- If you would like changes to your Title or Phone Number extension field, please follow these instructions and they will be made overnight. Please ensure your Title is approved by your Campus Administration or HR.
- Log in to https://accounts.coppellisd.com with your normal username and password.
- Click Edit Profile.
- Update the Title field or Email Signature Phone Extension Field and click "Save."
- If you are moving campuses or positions within the district, your email signature will automatically update once your move is officially updated in Munis.
- You need to sign in again to your phone via Skype for Business each time you change your CISD password, which occurs every 90 days. If you don’t sign in again to your phone, it will not work.
- Carol Snowden, who moved from Administrative Assistant to the Assistant Superintendent of Administrative Services and Executive Director of Human Resources to the Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent;
- Marnie Wallen, who moved from the Administrative Assistant to the Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction and the Director of State and Federal Programs to the Administrative Assistant to the Assistant Superintendent of Administrative Services and Executive Director of Human Resources;
- Amy Maxey, who moved from Campus Secretary at Cottonwood Creek Elementary to Campus Secretary for Victory Place @ Coppell; and
- Angela Tucker, who moved from Special Education Administrative Assistant at Brock to the Administrative Assistant to the Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction and the Director of State and Federal Programs.
The latest district staff vacancies are listed at coppell.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx.
CEF Super Star Survey
CEF is trying to improve our Super Star program and we need feedback from CISD staff. The original purpose of this award program was to recognize learners and educators that may not get recognized for a variety of reasons. Keep this in mind as you complete the short survey.
CEF Shirt Day
Regular Board Meeting
CEF Shirt Day
CISD Closed for Independence Day Holiday
CEF Shirt Day
Social Emotional Summer Professional Learning
Copyright © 2019, All rights reserved.