July 22, 2019 Meeting
Coppell ISD Board Briefs are highlights of select items from the CISD Board of Trustees meetings. Click here for a complete list of agenda items, presentations, meeting minutes and a video of the meeting.
Board Action and Consent Items Highlights
- Trustees approved Sarah Thornton as the new Principal for CMS West;
- The Board discussed student transportation options for Coppell Middle School North and approved in a 4 to 3 vote to continue offering bus service for the neighborhoods and to include resolutions on the safety of the routes at the Aug. 5 Board workshop;
- Trustees approved the Coppell ISD 2019-2020 Student Code of Conduct; The Board approved the Budget Amendments for July 2019;
- Trustees approved the Financial Report for June 2019;
- The Board voted to award the RFP for Janitorial Chemicals and Cleaning Supplies for Prospering Pals Co-Operative to PortionPac Chemicals;
- Trustees approved a Resolution declaring the following property real property surplus and no longer necessary for District operations or educational purposes: two (2) acre tract of property out of 62.770 acres, more or less, described in deed recorded as Instrument #20080370170, Official Public Records of Dallas County, Texas, and authorizing the Superintendent to offer the real property for exchange, to receive and open sealed offers, to enter into a Real Estate Exchange Agreement, and to execute all documents necessary to effect the exchange, with the exception of the deed which will be executed by the Board President;
- The Board adopted a Resolution authorizing the Board President, Secretary, and Superintendent of Coppell ISD to execute any documents necessary to enter into an agreement to purchase attendance credits from the state; and
- Trustees took action regarding the Texas Association of School Boards (TASB) Policy Update 113, affecting (LOCAL) policies:
- BBE (LOCAL): Board Members - Authority (replace policy)
- BDD (LOCAL): Board Internal Organization - Attorney (replace policy)
- BJCD (LOCAL): Superintendent - Evaluation (replace policy)
- CI (LOCAL): School Properties Disposal (replace policy)
- CO (LOCAL): Food and Nutrition Management (replace policy)
- COA (LOCAL): Food and Nutrition Management Procurement (add policy)
- COB (LOCAL): Food and Nutrition Management - Free and Reduced Price Meals (add policy)
- CRB (LOCAL): Insurance and Annuities Management - Liability Insurance (delete policy)
- EHBAF (LOCAL): Special Education - Video/Audio Monitoring (replace policy)
- FNF (LOCAL): Student Rights and Responsibilities - Investigations and Searches (replace policy).
District Highlights & Awards
Several recent CISD achievements were highlighted at the meeting, including:
- Nine CISD Schools selected for the 2018-2019 Honor Roll by Educational Results Partnership - CMS East, CMS North, CMS West, Denton Creek Elementary, Lakeside Elementary, Mockingbird Elementary, Richard J Lee Elementary, Town Center Elementary, and Valley Ranch Elementary;
- Wilson Elementary Summer Pop-Up Library Program;
- CHS Solar Race Car Team competes in National Solar Car Challenge;
- CISD Summer Professional Development; and
- CISD Gearing Up for Back to School.
During the Awards portion of the meeting, Trustees recognized:
- CISD’s Community Partner of the Year - Coppell Taekwondo Academy.
Superintendent Discussion and Report Items
Chief Financial Officer Diana Sircar shared an update on the 2019-2020 Budget process.
Strategic Design Update
Assistant Superintendent for Administrative Services Kristen Streeter and Executive Director of Teaching and Learning Dr. Deana Dynis gave an update on the district’s Strategic Design process.
Board of Trustees Discussion and Report Items
Trustee Anthony HIll shared an update on the TASB Risk Management Fund Quarterly Meeting, CISD Social Emotional Summer Conference, and the North Texas Visioning Conference. Trustee Tracy Fisher gave an update on the TASB Summer Board Meeting and Trustee Leigh Walker shared an update on Leadership TASB.
2018 - 2019 Board of Trustees
Tracy Fisher David Caviness Leigh Walker Manish Sethi Anthony Hill Thom Hulme Nichole Bentley