Stay in the Know!
CISD Internal Newsletter - August 23, 2019
Core Value Spotlight on Engagement: Valley Ranch Elementary
Valley Ranch Elementary school engaged volunteers from the community and area businesses and organizations to welcome students to their first day of school Wednesday, Aug. 14. Representatives from IBM, the Las Colinas Credit Union, Valley Ranch Baptist Church, as well as some of CISD Board of Trustees and district employees came together on a rainy day to welcome Valley Ranch Elementary students and families, as well as teachers, back to school.
Open Enrollment Benefits Deadline is TODAY!
Open Enrollment for CISD health care and other benefits ends TODAY. If you want your benefits to remain the same, you only have to take action if you have flexible spending or dependent care accounts. These accounts will drop if you do not re-enroll, and there are no exceptions. If you are a new hire, you have 30 days from your start date (not the date you signed paperwork, but the date you began work) to enroll in benefits. If you take no action, all your benefits will roll to the new plan year, except for flexible spending and dependent care accounts. If you want to drop a benefit, you must log in and drop it or it will roll to the new plan year and you will have it for the 2019-2020 plan year, no exceptions.
To enroll, renew or change your benefits, visit https://ffga.benselect.com/Enroll/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fenroll. If you need help enrolling, please call the Help Desk at 1-855-523-8422. Your login is your FULL social security number and your PIN is the last 4 of your SSN + the last 2 of your birth year (a 6-digit number). Most of your benefit questions can be answered by viewing the benefits website: https://benefits.ffga.com/coppellisd/.
The deadline to use the funds in your Flexible Spending Account from the 2018-2019 plan year is November 15, 2019 or you will lose them! You can use these funds for anyone in your taxable family (any family member who you can claim on your taxes) for medical, dental, or vision. If you have questions regarding your account balance, please call 1-866-853-3539.
Coming Soon: Teacher Salary Email
Teachers, be on the lookout for an email from Tyler Technologies (Munis Financial Management) in the next couple of weeks with your teacher salary information.
CISD Staff Must Sign In and Out at Front Office When Visiting Campuses
All Coppell ISD staff are now required to sign in and out at the front office using their staff ID number when visiting a campus. This will allow the campus to keep track of everyone in the building in case of an emergency.
How to Make Changes to Your Email Signature
With new hires joining our team and returning employees moving into new positions, and names and titles changing over the summer, here are some answers to frequently asked questions to make changes to your email signature:
- The email signature template with the campus logo, name, campus name and address, phone number, email and web address will load to your email once HR inputs your information into their database.
- If you would like to make changes to your Title and phone extension (last four digits), log into Rapid Identity: https://accounts.coppellisd.com with your normal username and password and click on Edit Profile.
- To add approved prefixes or suffixes (e.g. Dr., Ph.D.) to your name, submit your request at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1yYyhBh9-u56aw-Cpl9sdDwEb4afDiuT5MgsFZYxV2a8/edit.
Please allow 24 hrs. for the changes to apply to your signature.
Extra Duty Pay Opportunities for CISD Employees
Below are extra duty pay jobs for interested CISD employees. (Temporary employees, substitutes and coordinators and above are not eligible for these positions.) If you are interested, please visit https://www.coppellisd.com/Page/15518 or email Janet Briel at firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information and the position(s) you are interested in pursuing. Your name will be forwarded to the appropriate department, and you will be contacted directly by them.
- Ticket takers for athletics (evenings & weekends)
- Gym supervision for facilities (evenings & weekends)
- Crossing Guard (7:10 am - 8:10 am and 2:55 pm - 3:55 pm)
Flex/SBEC/Potential GT Credit for Summer Social and Emotional Learning Conference
CISD Professional Learning staff is working diligently to ensure that the credit information in Eduphoria matches what is reflected in Sched. Your professional learning portfolio will be accurate by April 30, 2020, when your hours are due. Please continue to share how you are applying the learning from this conference in your classrooms with the hashtag #CISDLearns.
Did You Know?
- CISD Employees who volunteer at our campuses must complete a Volunteer Background Check. If you are a CISD employee, but will volunteer at your campus or another campus as a parent or in a capacity not related to your position, such as serving as a chaperone of your child’s field trip or volunteering at an event as a parent, you must complete the new CISD Volunteer Application and Background Check prior to volunteering. Visit www.coppellisd.com/volunteer to complete the application.
- Rodeo Goat at Cypress Waters is offering a 10 percent discount to CISD employees. This is just one of many new companies and organizations that have been added to CISD’s Employee Discount Program. For the latest discounts and offers, visit www.coppellisd.com/Page/1390.
CISD welcomes the following recent new hires to the district:
- Tes Corry, Early Childhood Aide at Wilson;
- Jessica Cruz, ESL Aide at Austin;
- Earl Jones, PE Aide at Cottonwood Creek;
- Anthony Saldana, Security Guard at CHS;
- Alicia Prado, Bilingual Office Aide at Denton Creek; and
- Tamerah Ringo is moving from Student and Staff Services to be the Public Information Officer for Communications and Community Engagement.
The latest district staff vacancies are listed at coppell.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx.
Deadline is TODAY (Aug. 23) to order 2019-2020 Shirts!
Friday, August 23rd is the last day to purchase a 2019-2020 CEF t-shirt. With your purchase, you get to wear jeans and your CEF t-shirt on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month AND you are supporting the annual “Give4Grants” fundraising campaign that provides CISD educators funding for innovative classroom programs. CEF will also continue to raffle for free Sonic drinks delivered to the winning tweeted photo of CISD folks in their shirts.
Shirts are $20 each and can be purchased online by clicking HERE. All orders placed on or after convocation will be delivered to your campus the 2nd week of September.
Super Star Program
CISD is full of dedicated and hardworking students, teachers, administrators and support staff who often go above and beyond. CEF is giving you the opportunity to shine a spotlight on these students and CISD employees by nominating them to be a Super Star.
Any CISD employee (teacher, administrator or support staff) can nominate a student. And any parent, middle school student or CISD employee can nominate a CISD employee.
For more information and to make a nomination, please visit our website http://coppellisdef.com/super-star. Nomination deadline is Sep. 27, 2019.
Classroom Grant Program
The grant application window opens Friday, Aug. 23 until Sept. 27, and we have new software this year that should help us fund more grants, which means more money in your classrooms!! Complete this quick google form to tell us you would like a user name to complete your grant application. Stay tuned for more details, which will be communicated very soon! As always, we are looking forward to working with CISD educators to create amazing learning opportunities for the students of CISD.
Board of Trustees Budget Hearing
Regular Board Meeting
CHS Curriculum Night
NTH@C Curriculum Night
Middle School Curriculum Night
Elementary School Curriculum Night
CHS9 Curriculum Night
CEF T-Shirt Day
Special Board Meeting
CISD College Night
at CHS, 6:00 p.m.
CEF T-Shirt Day
Copyright © 2019, All rights reserved.