September 23, 2019 Meeting
Coppell ISD Board Briefs are highlights of select items from the CISD Board of Trustees meetings. Click here for a complete list of agenda items, presentations, meeting minutes and a video of the meeting.
Board Action and Consent Items Highlights
- The Board approved the adoption of the 2019-2020 Campus Improvement Plans;
- Trustees approved the Texas Education Agency "Request for Maximum Class Size Exception" as required by the Texas Education Code §25.112;
- The Board discussed and approved Wireless Expansion as included in the 2016 Bond Package;
- Trustees approved a CHS Theater trip to Edinburgh, Scotland, and a CHS Choir trip to London, England;
- The Board approved the Budget Amendments for September 2019, the August 2019 Financial Report and the Investment Report for Period Ending August 31, 2019; and
- Trustees approved:
- A resolution regarding annual review of investment brokers pursuant to Chapter 2256 of the Texas Government Code of Investment of Public Funds, Section 2256.025;A resolution regarding annual review of Section 2256.008(a), Texas Government Code, approving independent sources of instruction for district investment officer training;
- The annual review of current performance on investments;
- A resolution regarding annual review of investment policies CDA (Legal) and CDA (Local) pursuant to Texas Government Code Chapter 2256, Section 2256.005(e);
- A Master Inter-local Agreement with Region 10;
- Additional IMA funds; and
- Plano Regional Day School Program for the Deaf Shared Services Arrangement Agreement.
District Highlights & Awards
Several recent CISD achievements were highlighted at the meeting, including:
- Campus Engagement highlights;
- Coppell High School Homecoming Parade - October 23rd / Game - October 25th;
- Successful CISD College Night with more than 200 colleges and universities participating;
- CMS North selected Model PLC (Professional Learning Community) School; and CISD schools commemorate Sept. 11 as Texas First Responders Day.
During the Awards portion of the meeting, Trustees recognized:
- Sikyra Castle, senior at New Tech High @ Coppell, serving as Texas DECA president;
- Trustee Tracy Fisher receives Leadership TASB (Texas Association of School Boards) Alumni Association Celebration of Leadership Award; and
- Trustee Leigh Walker completing Leadership TASB.
Superintendent Discussion and Report Items
2018-2019 STAAR Results and State Accountability
Director of Research, Assessments and Accountability Debbie Youngs and Coordinator of Accountability and Assessment Susie Williams shared an update on state accountability and 2018-2019 STAAR Results.
Facilities Committee Update
Associate Superintendent Sid Grant shared an update on the long range Facilities Committee, including details about a Board Workshop Oct. 7 and the committee’s first meeting Oct. 17 and Dec. 4.
Human Resources Update
Assistant Superintendent for Administrative Services Kristen Streeter and Executive Director for Human Resources Kelly Mires shared an update on human resources, including retention.
2018 - 2019 Board of Trustees
Leigh Walker Manish Sethi Anthony Hill Thom Hulme David Caviness Nichole Bentley Tracy Fisher