Stay in the Know!
CISD Internal Newsletter - September 20, 2019
GEMS and Super Teacher Nominations Now Open!
Know a Super Teacher or an employee who should be recognized among our Great Educators who Matter (GEM - deadline Nov. 22, 2019)? Read the criteria on the Staff and Student Recognition program and complete a nomination TODAY!
- Sick Leave Bank - Enrollment period still is open until Tuesday, Oct. 1. (No applications will be accepted after that date.) Current members do not need to reapply or donate an additional day. To join, download and fill out the application available here and return it to the CISD Benefits office in the Service Center by Tuesday, Oct. 1.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - October is just around the corner and it’s one of the most stressful months of the school year for educators. Keep your self-care in check with CISD’s EAP. This program can help you resolve a broad range of daily challenges of life that can affect your physical and mental health and well being. Learn more at: https://benefits.ffga.com/coppellisd/Benefits
Religious Holidays Absences Reminder
CISD is a culturally and religiously diverse community that respects the religious holidays significant to our students and their families. As a reminder, students who miss school because of an excused absence for a religious observance should not be expected to complete homework, study for tests or do other school work during their absence. Students receive one make up day for each excused absence. Parents should complete this approval request for religious holidays/experiences. Please contact Jennifer Villines at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any additional questions.
- Friday, Sept. 27 is Texas American Indian Heritage Day - On this day, we recognize the historic, cultural, and social contributions American Indian communities and leaders have made to our great state. It is a time to honor American Indians across Texas and to celebrate the rich traditional and contemporary American Indian culture (Gov’t. Code 662.057 and CISD Board Policy/Special Programs EHBK (LEGAL)). Click the American Indian Heritage Month page for helpful tips for observing this day.
Did You Know?
- October is National Bullying Prevention Awareness Month. Wear Blue Monday, Oct. 7! To signify its importance, STOMP Out Bullying, the leading national anti-bullying and cyberbullying organization for kids and teens, created the World Day of Bullying Prevention. CISD is participating this year by asking staff, students and the community to #BlueUp on Monday, Oct. 7.
- Valley Ranch Elementary values Building Authentic Relationships. Click here to see how they are using social/emotional learning to do so.
- Grandparents and Special Friends Day is taking place this week and next. Share how your school is celebrating on social media using #CISDOurStory.
- Coppell ISD Flu Vaccine Clinics will again be offered to all staff by Old Town Family Practice starting Oct. 7. Be prepared! Click here for required forms, schedule and more information.
- Monday, Oct. 7 is the last day to register to vote for the Nov. 5, 2019 General Election. For more information, visit https://www.votetexas.gov/.
- Nominate your outstanding 4th-8th graders for summer 2020 Lone Star Leadership Academy camps by Friday, Nov. 1. Visit http://educationinaction.org/nominate-leaders for details.
The Coppell ISD Education Foundation grant application window is now open for all CISD educators! This year the application process will be completed with an online fundraising system called Living Tree, allowing more grants to be funded for even more money in your classrooms! The platform is user-friendly and can be shared through social media so that you can easily gain support. The application window is open now thru Sept. 27. To get started, complete this quick google form, which will give you a user name/account with Living Tree. For more information, visit the CEF website.
October Coppell Education Foundation T-Shirt Days
Mark your calendar for October jeans and CEF shirt days: Oct. 1 and 15! On these dates, take a picture with your friends (no more than 5 people) and tweet @coppellisdef with #coppellisdef to win a chance for Sonic drinks delivered to your campus.
The Coppell ISD Education Foundation’s teacher and student recognition program at the elementary and middle school campuses is up and running! Parents, CISD staff and middle school students can nominate any CISD staff person at their campus who they would like to be considered for a Super Star award. All student nominations will be submitted by CISD staff. Super Star awards will now be given out four times a year, and the first deadline for nominations is Sept. 27. Click HERE to nominate a CISD student or staff. Click here for more information on Super Star program.
Regular Board Meeting
CMS East Feeder Night at Volleyball Game (CMSE, Austin, Lakeside, MKB, Pinkerton)
Coppell Football vs. Hebron
Between Buddy Echols Field and Tennis Courts
Buy your food tickets in advance. First 500 in line at the tailgate get FREE Andy's Custard Minis!
Parent University "Tech Safety Night"
Copyright © 2019, All rights reserved.