October 28, 2019 Meeting
Coppell ISD Board Briefs are highlights of select items from the CISD Board of Trustees meetings. Click here for a complete list of agenda items, presentations, meeting minutes and a video of the meeting.
Board Action and Consent Items Highlights
- The Board approved the interlocal agreement with the City of Coppell for School Resource Officers;
- The Board discussed and approved a resolution to provide FinPath, a financial wellness program through TCG; (RAMS Board Resolution FinPath.pdf and RAMS Interlocal Agreement - Financial Wellness final (2) (2).doc)
- Trustees approved the Budget Amendments for October 2019; and
- The Board approved a resolution relating to a Payment in Lieu of Taxes (PILOT) agreement and a letter of support for the creation of a Foreign Trade Zone to Norwex located at 220 N. Freeport Parkway, Coppell, Texas.
District Highlights & Awards
Several recent CISD achievements were highlighted at the meeting, including:
- October Awareness and Recognitions Month;
- CISD Human Resources Department Launches Substitute Teacher of the Month Program; and
- Cottonwood Creek 4th Grade Teacher Krixia Funa and Family on Family Feud.
During the Awards portion of the meeting, Trustees recognized:
- CMS West 8th Grade Student Shreeya Jain for her heroism by calling 911 during a Sept. 21 fire as part of Redefining Success;
- The CMS West Honor Winds for being selected as National Winner in the Mark of Excellence/National Wind Band Honors Project;
- Lakeside, Mockingbird and Wilson elementary schools for receiving the Texas Elementary Principals andSupervisors Association (TEPSA) Student Leadership Award; and
- Oliver Isenberg, as part of the Coppell Nature Park Video Recognition.
Superintendent Discussion and Report Items
Chief Financial Officer Diana Sircar shared a 2016 Bond Update. Director of Facilities Genera Lopez gave an update on the recent Coppell Middle School East Water Leak, and Superintendent Brad Hunt shared an update on the CISD Long Range Facilities Planning Committee.
Community Based Accountability System (CBAS)
Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum and Instruction Dr. Angie Applegate shared an update on the Community Based Accountability System.
Report on School Security Audits as required by Senate Bill 11 and Texas Education Code 37.108
Director of Student and Staff Services Jennifer Villines shared a report on the School Security Audits as required by Senate Bill 11 and TexasEducation Code 37.108.
Board of Trustees Discussion and Report Items
Board Secretary Nichole Bentley shared an update on the School Health Advisory Council (SHAC) . Trustee Tracy Fisher shared a Legislative Update and gave an update on Board Goals. Board Secretary Nichole Bentley gave an update on the Engagement Sub-Committee and Trustee Hill shared an update on the Coppell Education Foundation, District Educational Improvement Committee (DEIC), and TEA Board of Trustee Advisory Council. Board President Thom Hulme gave an update on iLead.
2019 - 2020 Board of Trustees
Leigh Walker Manish Sethi Anthony Hill Thom Hulme David Caviness Nichole Bentley Tracy Fisher