December 16, 2019 Meeting
Coppell ISD Board Briefs are highlights of select items from the CISD Board of Trustees meetings. Click here for a complete list of agenda items, presentations, meeting minutes and a video of the meeting.
Board Action and Consent Items Highlights
- The Board approved an extension of the contract for Aramark;
- Trustees approved the authorization to enter into Master Inter-local Agreement with Educational Service Center Region 2;
- The Board approved the adoption of the annual financial audit for the fiscal year ending August 31, 2019;
- Trustees approved adding Innovative Courses to course options and Course Guide for New Tech High @ Coppell — Retail Management and Mobile App Development;
- The Board approved an Instructional Materials Allotment inventory; and
- Trustees approved the Texas Association of School Board (TASB) Update 114 local revisions to policy:
- BE (LOCAL): Board Meetings (replace policy)
- BED (LOCAL): Board Meetings - Public Participation (replace policy)
- CDA (LOCAL): Other Revenues - Investments (replace policy)
- CH (LOCAL): Purchasing and Acquisition (replace policy)
- CKC (LOCAL): Safety Program/Risk Management - Emergency Plans (replace policy)
- CKE (LOCAL): Safety Program/Risk Management - Security Personnel (replace policy)
- CQ (LOCAL): Technology Resources (replace policy)
- CBQ (LOCAL): Technology Resources - Cyber-security (add policy)
- DFFA (LOCAL): Reduction in Force - Financial Exigency (replace policy)
- EHBB (LOCAL): Special Programs - Gifted and Talented Students (replace policy)
- FDE (LOCAL): Admissions - School Safety Transfers (replace policy)
- FFAA (LOCAL): Wellness and Health Services - Physical Examinations (replace policy)
- FFB (LOCAL): Student Welfare - Crisis Intervention (add policy)
- FFBA (LOCAL): Crisis Intervention - Trauma-Informed Care (add policy)
- FL (LOCAL): Student Records (replace policy)
- GBAA (LOCAL): Information Access - Requests for Information (replace policy);
- The Board approved the Budget Amendments for December 2019, the Financial Report for November 2019 and the Quarterly Investment Report for the Period Ending November 30, 2019.
District Highlights & Awards
Several recent CISD achievements were highlighted at the meeting, including:
- Great Employees Matter Recognition, which occurred prior to the meeting;
- Super Teachers model Great Teaching;
- Two CMS East Students Compete on Chopped Jr.;
- CHS Students Selected for Region 10 Transition Committee;
- Coppell Education Foundation Give for Grants Campaign Results;
- New CISD Website for Realtors; and
- iLead Graduation.
During the Awards portion of the meeting, Trustees recognized:
- CISD Holiday Greeting Card Winner;
- CHS Students Selected as NASA High School Aerospace Scholars; and
- CHS Band Drumline earns top awards at Lone Star Drumline Contest.
Superintendent Discussion and Report Items
Career and Technical Education (CTE) Update
Director of Career and Technical Education and Fine Arts Ron-Marie Johnson shared an update on Career and Technical Education.
Long Range Facilities Planning Committee Update
Associate Superintendent Sid Grant gave an update on the Long Range Facilities Planning Committee.
Board of Trustees Discussion and Report Items
Trustee Leigh Walker shared an update on the DFW US India Chamber of Commerce Annual Awards Banquet; Board Vice President David Caviness gave an update on the District Educational Improvement Committee (DEIC); Trustee Tracy Fisher shared a Legislative Report, TASB Board Meeting and Social Emotional Council Update; Trustee Anthony Hill gave an update on the Coppell Education Foundation and TEA Board of Trustees Advisory Council; and Board Secretary Nichole Bentley shared an update on Board Goals.
2019 - 2020 Board of Trustees
Leigh Walker Manish Sethi Anthony Hill Thom Hulme David Caviness Nichole Bentley Tracy Fisher