February 24, 2020 Meeting
Coppell ISD Board Briefs are highlights of select items from the CISD Board of Trustees meetings. Click here for a complete list of agenda items, presentations, meeting minutes and a video of the meeting.
Board Action and Consent Items Highlights
- The Board approved Gomez Floor Covering to perform gym floor replacements for Austin, Cottonwood Creek, Denton Creek, Lakeside, Town Center, Valley Ranch, and Wilson elementaries;
- Trustees approved the adoption of an order authorizing the issuance of "Coppell Independent School District Unlimited Tax Refunding Bonds, Series 2020", establishing parameters for the sale and issuance of such bonds and delegating certain matters to authorized officials of the District;
- The Board approved the final payment to Northstar Builders Group for the additions and renovations at Coppell Middle School East; and
- The Board approved the Budget Amendments for February 2020 and the Financial Report for January 2020.
District Highlights & Awards
Several recent CISD achievements were highlighted at the meeting, including:
- Pinkerton Elementary featured on NBC's "Brag About Your School";
- February 14 Social and Emotional Learning Professional Development Day;
- CHS students exhibit at the Dallas Museum of Art;
- Cottonwood Creek, Lakeside, and CMS East students appear in local media and national TV; and
- CISD 60th Anniversary Pop Up Parties Update.
During the Awards portion of the meeting, Trustees recognized:
- State Lions Club Peace Poster Winner CMS West Student Sana Abusaad;
- All State Choir for 2020; and
- State Representative Julie Johnson Resolution.
Superintendent Discussion and Report Items
Hearing for Public Discussion of the Texas Academic Performance Report
Director of Research, Accountability and Assessment Debbie Youngs shared the district’s Hearing for Public Discussion of the Texas Academic Performance Report.
2019 December STARR Retest Results
Susie Williams, Coordinator of Assessment, shared a report on the 2019 December STARR Retest Results.
Strategic Design Update
Assistant Superintendent for Administrative Services Kristen Streeter and Executive Director of Teaching and Learning Dr. Deana Dynis gave a Strategic Design update.
Long Range Facilities Planning Committee and 2016 Bond Program Update
Associate Superintendent of Business and Support ServicesSid Grant shared a Long Range Facilities Planning Committee and 2016 Bond Program update.
Board of Trustees Discussion and Report Items
Trustee Tracy Fisher shared a Legislative update and reports on the TEA Commissioner's GT Advisory Committee, NSBA Network Advocacy and Social Emotional Wellness Advisory Committee. Trustee Leigh Walker gave an update on the Coppell Education Foundation. Board Vice President David Caviness shared an update on the District Education Improvement Council (DEIC) and Community Based Accountability System (CBAS) Board Training. Trustee Anthony Hill gave an update on the North Texas Area Association of School Boards. Board Secretary Nichole Bentley shared a Safety and Security Committee update.
2019 - 2020 Board of Trustees
Leigh Walker Manish Sethi Anthony Hill Thom Hulme David Caviness Nichole Bentley Tracy Fisher