CISD Update May 20
Dear CISD Families,
Tomorrow is the last day of school for Coppell ISD and our last day of providing CISD Distance Learning for the spring semester. As we wrap up the school year, we want to share some brief reminders with our community. We also encourage you to continue to monitor your email and the CISD website for important updates over the summer.
Though Governor Greg Abbott said during his news conference Monday that in-person Summer School could begin June 1, CISD will still provide Summer School and Extended School Year or ESY services virtually this year. These services are only for those students who qualify based on state guidelines for required summer school participation and are invited to register to attend. CISD also will provide all students with some options for fun choice boards and recommendations for online learning resources as ways to continue supporting academic and social emotional growth throughout the summer. More will come on these choice activities during the week of June 1.
As a reminder, please complete our Spring 2020 Family Survey by 5 p.m., Thursday, May 21. The survey is available at go.coppellisd.com/Spring20FamilySurvey. We at CISD truly value your input and feedback. Your answers will play a crucial role in our planning process, as the survey includes questions about CISD Distance Learning during the past nine weeks. The information collected will be compared to our Fall Family Survey and will be used as part of the CISD Community Based Accountability System reports to be shared in the fall. We strongly encourage you to participate and to fill out a survey for each school your child attends.
CISD would also like to share the following updates with our community:
- Our virtual high school graduation ceremonies begin this week on Friday, May 22, at 5 p.m. for New Tech High @ Coppell and Thursday, May 28, at 1 p.m. for Coppell High School. These ceremonies will be broadcast on CISD’s YouTube Channel at www.youtube.com/user/coppellisd, and you can find more details at www.coppellisd.com/graduation. As a reminder, our optional, in-person ceremony on Sunday, May 31, at Globe Life Field. All attendees must follow the designated guidelines, which will be shared by the high school principals at a later date. This event is not open to the public.
- CISD elementary, middle and high school students returning to the district in the fall will keep their iPads at home with them this summer and do not need to return their district-issued device. If your child is not returning to CISD for the 2020-2021 school year, please follow your school’s directives to turn in your child’s iPad to the CISD Service Center.
- If your child is graduating or not returning to CISD for the 2020-2021 school year, please visit go.coppellisd.com/2020LunchBalanceForm to request a refund, donate your balance or transfer it to a sibling or friend. If your child is returning, your lunch balance will carry over to the next school year.
Thank you for your continued support of CISD.
Everyday Good Health Habits
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick. Keeping a sick child at home prevents the spread of illness in the school community and allows the child an opportunity to rest and recover. Please read our CISD’s health attendance guidelines.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Do not eat or drink after others.