Teacher of the Year Program Overview
Do you know a special teacher that has made a difference in the lives of his/her learners by exemplifying best teaching practices while serving as an ambassador for public education? Someone who understands and demonstrates transformational leadership in the classroom? An educator who fully embraces, supports and promotes the core values and vision of the Coppell Independent School District?
Coppell ISD is looking for one Elementary and one Secondary representative who fit that description and possess the following characteristics:
- Has tremendous concern for all learners and the ability to engage and inspire them
- Exhibits the capacity and willingness to work cooperatively with colleagues and different groups in the community
- A drive to initiate activities that transform instruction and engage all learners
- The desire to stay informed about current educational trends and practices and the aptitude to incorporate what is learned into the classroom
- An ability and willingness to make meaningful contributions to education
- A willingness to implement innovative, creative ideas and use the most current technology resources
- Demonstrate and inspire great teaching which is key to deep learning!
Each Texas Teacher of the Year nomination is…
- Memorable for the teacher
- Valuable for learners
- Significant for the school and faculty
- Meaningful for the school district, its leaders and patrons
- Good for the community
- Important for the profession
One Campus Teacher of the Year will be selected from each school, based on the submitted nominations. From those 17 teachers, one Elementary educator (grades EC/Pre-K – 5th grade) and one Secondary educator (grades 6 – 12) will be selected as the Coppell ISD Teachers of the Year. These two Finalists will serve as the District’s nominees for the Region 10 and State Teacher of the Year honors.
In order to be nominated for Teacher of the Year, the teacher must:
- Be certified to teach in Texas public schools
- Have been employed in CISD schools for a minimum of three years (at least be in his/her third year in CISD)
- Be a classroom teacher (including PE, art, music, special education, literacy, etc.)
- Plan to continue teaching in Coppell ISD through the 2023-2024 school year
Teacher of the Year Nomination Form | Teacher of the Year Scoring Rubric