COVID-19 Safety Reminders
January 4, 2021
Dear Coppell ISD Family,
We look forward to welcoming our employees back on Tuesday, Jan. 5, and all of our students, both in person and distance, back to school on Wednesday, Jan. 6. As we welcome 2021 and begin the new grading period, we want to share some important COVID-19 safety reminders with you.
If you have tested positive for COVID-19, or if you have been exposed to someone who is positive for COVID-19, please do not come to work on Jan. 5 or school on Jan. 6. CISD employees should inform their immediate supervisor. if they are COVID-19 positive or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19. Parents and guardians, please let your school principal know if your child is positive or has been exposed to COVID-19.
We ask that our employees and students screen themselves each day for the following COVID-19 symptoms:
- Temperature 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit or greater
- Sore throat
- NEW uncontrolled cough that causes difficulty breathing (for employees/students with chronic allergic/asthmatic cough, a change in their cough from baseline)
- New onset of severe headache, especially with a fever
- Diarrhea, nausea/vomiting, or abdominal pain
- New loss of taste or smell
- Congestion or runny nose
- Muscle or body aches
As a reminder, a close contact is defined as:
- Being within 6 feet of someone for 15 minutes (cumulative) with or without wearing a mask, including eating in the same room less than 6 feet apart; or
- Having direct physical contact, touching, hugging or kissing; or
- Having an infected individual cough or sneeze on you.
If you have had any of the symptoms above or are a close contact of someone with COVID-19, please notify your immediate supervisor or your child’s school and do not come to work or send your child to school.
We continue to follow the protocols listed at www.coppellisd.com/returntoschool, which includes the wearing of masks by all employees and students. CISD will update its COVID-19 Dashboard and send a summary of current active COVID-19 cases at 6 p.m., Jan. 5.
We appreciate your cooperation and continued support.