2020-2021 Important Dates
- February 13, 2020: DLI Parent Enrollment Meeting, 6:00-7:00 p.m. (at Vonita White Administration Building Board Room)
- February 18, 2020: DLI Parent Enrollment Meeting, 6:00-7:00 p.m. (at Vonita White Administration Building Board Room)
- February 19, 2020: 2020-2021 New Enrollment Opens
- March 4, 2020: DLI Parent Enrollment Meeting, 6:30-7:30 p.m. (at Vonita White Administration Building Board Room)
- March 23, 2020: 2020-2021 New Enrollment Applications Due by 4:30 p.m. (email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 2020-2021 DLI Lottery @ Vonita White Administration Building Board Room - TBD
- 2020-2021 Parent Commitment Letters Due by 4:30 p.m. - TBD
The Applications for the 2020-2021 School Year will be available on February 19th
(online or at the CISD Vonita White Administration Building)
New enrollment into DLI program is open to:
- Native Spanish speakers (K-5) who qualify per Chapter 89 of TEC.
- Incoming 2020-2021 kindergartners through the lottery process.
- Incoming 2020-2021 first grade students through the lottery process if space is available and there is a balance of English and Spanish learners.
- Consideration is given to students transferring from a DLI program in another district. Placement will be after the lottery process and will be based on available space and balance of English & Spanish learners. Placement decisions will be made by the Director of Dual Language.
- Print an application from the Coppell ISD website or pick up an application from the Vonita White Administration Building
- Complete the application and email it to Patricia Cheatham at email@example.com. No later than Monday, March 23, 20202by 4:30 PM.
- No applications will be taken for any reason after the time and date provided above.
- In the event that the family has more than one learner who needs to apply, please complete two applications and note the siblings name appropriately on each application.
- All learners interested in participating in the Dual Language Immersion program, will need to complete and turn in the DLI application.
- Learners who have a sibling in the program will be placed as part of the District’s Legacy practice.
- All other openings for the program will be filled by lottery according to the DLI campus to which the student is zoned. (See campus zones above.)
- The goal of the process is to ensure a transparent, orderly and fair process for placing learners in the Dual Language Program.
- Denton Creek Elementary (home campuses attending Denton Creek are Canyon Ranch, Lakeside, Lee, Mockingbird, Town Center and Valley Ranch)
- Wilson Elementary (home campuses attending Wilson are: Austin, Cottonwood Creek and Pinkerton)
- Middle School:
- Beginning the 2019-2020 school year, the Advanced Spanish courses for students who participated in Dual Language Immersion at Wilson Elementary or Denton Creek Elementary will be available at CMS North.
- The 7th and 8th grade courses will continue to be available at CMS West during the 2019-2020 school year as well as the 8th grade course for the 2020-2021 school year.
Lottery and Drawing Guidelines
Lottery: The new date of the lottery process for both programs will be established once we return to normal operation procedures (TBD).
- The lottery will be an open process.
- Parents are allowed to attend.
- Children under the age 18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Learner names will be placed into the hopper.
- One learner name will be pulled at a time.
- The learner name will then be placed on the lottery chart in the sequential order it was drawn.
- This process will be completed until all names are drawn.
- All additional names will be placed in the order selected on the wait list.
- Students who apply for the DLI program in Kindergarten, and were placed on the waiting list, must re-apply in first grade if they choose to participate in the program. The wait list does not roll to the next school year.
- Once all names have been pulled, each parent will be emailed that day with a status update.
- Learners on the wait list will be notified of participation in the program no later than Friday the week of Labor Day.
- If learners on the wait list refuse the opening, the District will move to the next name in numerical order on the list.