Referral for CISD Gifted and Talented Services
Coppell ISD offers evaluation and assessment for GT Services consideration based on the following requirements:
- Learners must be currently enrolled in the Coppell Independent School District.
- Learners may be nominated for GT services once per academic year.
Please follow the procedures detailed here to refer a learner for CISD Gifted and Talented Services:
- Review CISD Gifted and Talented Service options on this website.
- Learners in grades 2, and 4 should apply for Elementary GT Services. Learners in grades 6-12 should apply for Secondary GT Services.
- Referrals are accepted through on-line submission on the CISD website for Gifted and Talented education during testing windows in the Fall and Spring. The Office of Assessment collects registration forms and provides materials for GT assessment on our CISD campuses. You will receive confirmation of receipt from the CISD Office of Assessment within one week of completing the online submission.
- One possible assessment used to test for GT Services is the Cognitive Abilities Test (CogAT). There are no preparation materials available for this test.
- Campus Gifted and Talented Committees (GTC) review assessment results, determine eligibility for CISD Gifted and Talented Services, and designate the level of service qualifying learners will receive.
- Campuses will send letters home to notify parents whether their child qualified, did not qualify, or requires further assessment for Gifted and Talented Services participation.
- The next available testing date for GT assessment may be found on the district assessment calendar.
NOTE: Learners must be enrolled in a CISD school before they can be registered for Gifted and Talented assessment.