Resources on this page are provided for parents to support their children with math concepts
Below are video links parents may utilize as a visual tool when helping their student with math concepts (each video is 5-10 minutes). If prompted to log in, click on the link in the top, right corner, indicating you are a student.
Add and Subtract Whole Numbers
- Teaching the Count-On Strategy for Addition
- Teaching the Use-Doubles Strategy for Addition
- Teaching the Make-Ten (or Bridge-to-Ten) Strategy for Addition
- Teaching the Think Addition Strategy for Subtraction.
- Additions Using Decomposing Numbers
- Subtractions Using Place Value with Base Ten Blocks
- Subtractions Using Decomposing Numbers
- Additions and Subtractions Using Bar Models
- Additions and Subtractions with Missing Parts Using Bar Models
Multiplication and Division Whole Numbers
Distributive PropertyFractions - Adding and Subtracting
Fractions - Multiplying and Dividing
Place Value Properties