BID OPENING PROCEDURES
All bid openings are open to the public at the date and time specified in each document. The bid opening will be conducted by the Director of Purchasing or designated representative.
Bidders or other interested persons are invited to be present at bid openings. However, if a Request for Proposal (RFP) has been completed, only the names of the respondents will be read aloud. Any bid may be withdrawn prior to the scheduled time for opening. A bid that has been opened may not be changed for the purpose of correcting an error in the bid price unless it is a Request for Proposal.
Local Government Code 271.026
The District shall have the right to reject any and/or all bids.
Local Government Code 271.027(s)
Sealed bids/proposals will be tabulated for comparison purposes. The public may record any information read aloud at the public bid opening if the document was a Bid. If the document was a Request for Proposal (RFP) as noted earlier, the results are considered confidential until the proposal is awarded.
In awarding a contract, the District shall consider:
Any other relevant factor listed in the request for bids or proposalsEducation Code 44.031(b)Coppell ISD reserves the right to accept or reject any and/or all bids/proposals for any or all products and/or services covered in bid/proposal requests and to waive formalities or defects in bids/proposals or to accept such bids/proposals as it shall deem to be in the best interest of Coppell ISD.
- Purchase price
- The reputation of the vendor and of the vendor's goods or services
- The quality of the vendor's goods or services
- The extent to which the goods or services meet the District's needs
- The vendor's past relationship with the District
- The impact on the ability of the District to comply with laws and rules relating to historically underutilized businesses
- The total long-term cost to the District to acquire the vendor's goods or services