Applications for School Year 2022-2023 are now open. You can now apply for free or reduced school meals for the 2022-2023 school year online! The process is secure, easy and FREE, and in a few short steps you'll be done. Since the information you're providing is electronic, we'll be able to review your application faster than ever before.
Free & Reduced Lunch FAQ
- How much is a reduced price breakfast and lunch? Reduced price breakfast is $0.30 and $0.40 for lunch. Students much choose a reimbursable meal to receive free or reduced prices.
- How does a child qualify for free and reduced-price meals? Eligibility is generally based on family income, family size, and if the family has a food stamp number. The federal guidelines can be found in the free/reduced application.
- How are families notified if a child qualifies for free/reduced-price meals? Qualifying families are notified by the Child Nutrition Department by mail in a timely manner. Families can also check their status online by going to www.schoollunchstatus.com.
- How do children get an application? Applications are given to every student at the beginning of the school year. New students are given an application upon registration. Applications are also available online at www.schoollunchstatus.com. During the year, applications are available in the school front office or at the Child Nutrition Department, 1303 Wrangler Drive, Coppell, Texas 75019.
- How often does a free/reduced application need to be completed? An application must be completed each year.
- How long is the application valid? Students who participate in the free/reduced program during the previous year in Coppell ISD may continue to eat at the free or reduced-price for the first 30 days of school. After 30 days, a new application must be submitted and approved. In order to avoid any disruption to your student's benefits, please complete an application before the 30 day deadline.
- How long does it take to process an application? Upon receipt of a completed application, the Child Nutrition Department has ten business days to complete the processing procedure.
- Will parents need to pay for a child's lunch until the application is processed? Yes.
- Once a child is approved for free and reduced-meals, who pays for previous negative balances? The parent or guardian. The government will only pay for meals after the date the application is approved.
More Than a School Meal Application!
Pandemic-EBT (P-EBT) Benefit
Texas Health and Human Services is partnering with the Texas Department of Agriculture (TDA) and the Texas Education Agency (TEA) to provide school year 2021–2022 Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) benefits to eligible children. Click here for more information.