District News and Announcements
Congratulations to the 13 CISD high school student-athletes who participated in National Signing Day at the CHS Arena on Nov. 9.
Please be advised of the Coppell ISD attendance policy for elementary learners:
For all absences:
- Send an email or handwritten note with your child to school within 3 days and include your child's first and last name, dates absent, and an explanation of the reason for the absence. Email absence letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If a note is not provided, the absence will be marked unexcused
- Please bring a doctor’s note, not just a handwritten parent note
- Please notify the teacher and request approval from the Assistant Principal
- Please provide a handwritten note after the absence with your child's first and last name, dates absent, and an explanation of the reason for the absence (email is not considered a handwritten note)
- Learner will be responsible for making up work when he/she returns, but does not have to be provided prior to the leave
- If the extended absence is more than 9 consecutive school days, the learner will be withdrawn ON the 10th consecutive school day
- Please request approval from the AP and complete the approval request for religious holidays/experiences
- Please send a handwritten note which indicates the specific date of the religious holiday
- If travel is required, please include the travel dates, and clearly indicate they are travel days.
- Learner will be responsible for making up work when he/she returns
Click here for more information on CISD attendance policy and Texas Compulsory Attendance Law.