Student Teachers & Student Observers
PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ANYONE AT THE CAMPUS DIRECTLYOnly written requests from colleges and universities and alternative certification programs within the State of Texas will be accepted for student teaching. Requests directly from students via email or phone calls will not be permitted. Specific teacher requests are not permitted. Please have requests in before Thanksgiving for Spring placement and by April 1st for Fall placements.Process for student teacher/student observers placement with Coppell ISD:
- Have your Student Teacher Supervisor contact Michelle Minnick. They will need to provide a formal request that includes: student name and contact information, program details, dates requested, required rotations, up to 2 school requests (if any), up to 2 grade requests, certification area, and for student teacher placements, if the candidate is following the PPR test path or the edTPA path.
New Application and Background CheckThere are 2 steps in filling out the forms:
- If you have never filled out an application request through our Winocular system, you must set yourself up in the new system with a brand new username and password - you cannot use a previous username or password here. This system will not recognize any of those other credentials. If you have previously filled out a background form or applied for a position through our Winocular system, please use the user name and password you set up the first time (this will be a different user name and password from other CISD applications).
- Once set up, you will be taken to the application portal. Click on the "Add New Application" button. Please select the Volunteer Application and then within that application your preference is Student Teacher/Observer. If you are an academic advisor coming to observe a student teacher from your school, please fill out the Volunteer application but choose volunteer and NOT student teacher/observer in preferences.
Returning Application and Background Check
Please follow the 2 steps below:
- From the link below, log into your winocular account (on the left-hand side of the page) using the same username (usually your email address) and password from last year. If you forgot your login, use the "Forgot Login" button.
- Once logged in, click on the blue Volunteer link under the heading "Online Applications." This opens last year's application. Change any information on each page or if no changes hit the "continue" button until you get to the submission page. Be sure to hit the final submit button.