Does Coppell ISD need substitutes?
CISD is always looking for substitutes in our especially hard to fill areas of special education, bilingual and foreign languages.
Does Coppell ISD accept substitute applications all year?
Applications are accepted and processed based on the need for substitutes before the beginning of and during the school year.
I have transcripts from a foreign country. Do I need to have them evaluated before I attach them to my application?
- Yes, foreign transcripts must have general evaluation.
- The general evaluation must clearly state the U.S. equivalence pertaining to the foreign degree obtained.
When will my application be processed?
- If your application meets the criteria to be hired as a substitute teacher your application will be processed as soon as possible.
- Due to the very large volume of applicants, this review and initial hiring process could be 30 days or more after completing and submitting your application
- If you would like to inquire about the status of your application, please email Kristine Phillips at email@example.com. No phone calls please
What are the requirements for substitutes?
- You must pass a criminal background check (complete online form).
- You must be at least a high school graduate.
- You must be at least 21 years of age.
- You must complete a self-paced online training/orientation.
- You must complete an online application.
- You must be fingerprinted per Senate Bill 9.
What does the online training contain?
- Be provided with training on various topics to become an effective and confident substitute in a classroom setting.
- Be given training on the districts substitute system - SmartFind Express.
- Be informed of district policies, procedures and expectations for Substitutes.
- Fill all required new hire forms.
How does the fingerprinting process work?
As required by Senate Bill 9, all substitutes must be fingerprinted prior to the first day of being able to work in CISD. Substitutes are required to pay for their own fingerprinting. The cost varies based on TEA and certification levels. If you have had your fingerprints done with the same agency that we use, and we can view them, you will not need to have them redone. We will determine that while processing you.
How often are substitutes called to work?
Substitutes are called as the need arises through the SmartFind Express automated system.
When are substitutes paid?
Substitutes are paid monthly on or about the 24th or 25th of each month. A salary schedule will be provided to you once you are hired.
What are the rates of pay for substitute teachers and paraprofessionals?
- Certified = $95 (certified teacher with a valid Texas Certificate ONLY)
- 4-year degreed = $85 (bachelors, masters or doctorate degree)
- Non-Cert/Non-degreed = $80 (GED, high school diploma, some college or associates degree)
I was degreed but now I have my certificate, what now?
- You must email a copy of your new certificate to the Substitute Coordinator
- Changes will be made once we have received the copy. The rate change will not be backdated.
- All jobs you have in the future, after the new teaching certificate is received, will be changed to reflect the new substitute pay rate.