The purpose of the Coppell Independent School District’s Fine Arts department is to support the Coppell ISD mission of educating the whole learner through visual and performing arts. We will empower learners to develop their creativity in all aspects of their lives and to become lifelong contributors to the local and global community through the arts.
Fine Arts Learners:
- understand that problems can have more than one solution.
- make sound judgments about qualitative relationships.
- know that there are many ways to see and interpret the world.
- utilize complex forms of problem solving.
- know that the limits of our language do not define the limits of our cognition.
- understand how to “speak” without words.
- can connect on a global level to other academic and world disciplines.
- are more likely to seek degrees of higher education.
- score higher on standardized tests.
- are sought out by employers due to their collaborative and communicative skills.
- are sought out by colleges and universities, since they are diverse learners.
- make up a large percentage of CISD’s IB, AP, and DAEP programs
To Fine Arts Learners:
- Appreciate & Evaluate the Arts
Create or Perform meaningful works of art
- Understand Historical/Cultural Influence and Impact of the Arts on the global community
- Awareness of the role of Collaboration in the Arts