Class Requirements and Expectations
- Each student is required to wear the CHS Physical Education uniform
- Athletic shoes and socks must be worn during class at all times
- Jewelry should not be worn in class, especially bracelets and large earrings.
Lockers and Locks:
- A locker and combination lock will be issued to each student. Students are responsible for keeping valuables locked in their locker and also keeping their locker clean. A fee of $10 will be charged if the lock is lost.
- Each student is required to dress every day. If a student chooses not to dress, fitness cannot be assessed for that day.
- First Offense: No credit will be given for the fitness assessment and you will be required to walk around the activity area for the duration of the daily activity. This allowance is only for the first failure to dress during the semester.
- Second Offense: No credit will be given for the fitness assessment and your parents will be contacted. You will be required to walk around the activity area for the duration of the daily activity.
- Third Offense: No credit will be given for fitness assessment. You will be referred to your assistant principal and each time thereafter. Detentions will be assigned upon the third failure to dress. You will be required to walk around the activity area for the duration of the daily activity.
- The CHS tardy policy will be followed. Each student must be inside the athletic area doors when the tardy bell rings. Students will then have 3 minutes to dress and be seated in their assigned roll check area. A tardy will be given if a student fails to be at each check area on time.
- When a student is ill and is unable to participate, a signed note from a parent is required. The note must specify the illness and include the parent’s phone number. You are required to dress in appropriate P.E. clothes. No credit will be given for fitness assessment. Make-up activities may be scheduled before or after school the next day to receive credit.
- A physician’s note is required when a student must miss 3 consecutive activity days. Activities will be made-up as recommended by the physician, (a physician note is also required to excuse a student from specific activities).
- When a student requests to leave class to go to the nurse, no credit will be given for fitness assessment. Make-up for the activity may be scheduled before or after school the next day.
- When a student has an excused absence, make-up for the activity may be scheduled before or after school the next day. One day will be allotted per each day absent.
- Students will be allowed one late daily assignment per six weeks
- When a student has an unexcused absence, a zero will be given for that day.
- If a student is assigned I.S.S., he/she will do the classroom activity in I.S.S. but must make-up the activity before or after school.
- No food, drinks, or gum are allowed in workout areas.
- Students will be given 5 minutes at the end of class to change clothes. Showers are available; towels and soap are not provided.
- Students must walk through the P.E./Athletic hallway to enter and leave class. Do not walk through the gyms.
- Students will be punctual, dressed for class and participate every day.
- Students will be respectful to the teacher and fellow students.
- Students will follow all rules in the CHS code of conduct.
- Students will use P.E. equipment only as instructed.
Consequences/ Failures to follow expected behavior
- First offense: Teacher student conference
- Second offense: Teacher student conference and parent phone call
- Third and all subsequent offenses: parent phone call and office referral
I, _______________________________ have read the Physical Education policies and I
(Printed name of Student)
understand what is expected to be successful in this class.
I, ________________________________ have read the Physical Education policies and
(Printed name of Parent)
understand what is expected of my child to be successful in this class.