Welcome CISD parents. In this section you should find all the resources you need to help support your child's use of technology in the classroom. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact your campus Digital Learning Coach.
Digital Literacy is the ability to use technology tools for different purposes including accessing and analyzing information and collaborating and communicating with others - all while remaining safe online and being a good digital and global citizen.Digital Citizenship falls under Digital Literacy and is defined as: A culture in which all members of the CISD community positively contribute to and benefit from a safe and secure digital environment where they effectively communicate, collaborate, create and learn guided by the CISD character traits.Over the past few years, the exponential growth of technology in Coppell ISD has created a need for the district to bolster its resources and learning opportunities concerning digital literacy. The following action steps are being implemented for the 2014-15 school year:
- The district’s Acceptable Use Policy will be updated
- Development of a new instructional technology website which will include access to online learning opportunities, FAQs, videos, and other helpful resources for parents.
- Parent U 2.0 – revitalization of Parent university that will include both face-to-face and online learning options for parents
- Information Literacy - Educators will complete a required course at the start of the school year that will help them to guide their learners to understand and apply online research skills. A companion parent course will also be offered.
- CISD will continue to capitalize on the wealth of technology expertise available in the community through the work of the Pinnacle 2020 action teams and the Parent Technology Advisory Committee.
- All learners in CISD will have a digital literacy learning experience at the beginning of the school year as technology is being introduced to learners/classrooms.
- A continued emphasis on the development of rich digital literacy resources through the work of district instructional teams based on the work of the Pinnacle 2020 action teams.