Pinkerton learners have many opportunities for enrichment both during the school day and after school. As an IB-PYP Candidate school, we deliver instruction through six transdisciplinary units that integrate all academic areas as well as fostering learners’ social and emotional well-being. Each unit incorporates cultural awareness and promotes thinking from global perspectives. Language acquisition is enriched through weekly Spanish instruction. Learning is showcased through digital portfolios and learner-led conferences. Fine Arts instruction is authentic and hands-on, which helps learners make genuine connections.
Enrichment Activities Offered During the School Day to All Students
- Weekly Spanish Instruction (K-5)
- Weekly R-time lessons focusing on relationship building (K-5)
- Math Olympiad (4th/5th grade learners)
- Outdoor learning through the Pinkerton Patch (K-5)
- Build to Express (Lego Education) (3rd-5th grades)
- We Do and Lego NXT Robotics (2nd-5th grades)
- Sustainability/Recycling Team (3rd-5th grades)
- Bluebonnet Reading Program (3rd-5th grades)
- Hands On Equations (5th grade)
- Student Leadership Council (5th grade)
Outside of School Enrichment Opportunities
Our campus also offers free school sponsored enrichment opportunities outside of the school day. See below for a list of opportunities:
Name Timeframe Grade(s) Contact Rova Marimba All Year 4th-5thJeremy Phillips Jumprope All Year 3rd-5thCollenn Michaelis Future Problem Solving All Year 4th-5thRhonda PickrellFor additional non-school sponsored activities, visit our campus PeachJar e-flyer site.