Cowboys Rise for the Texas Coast
In response to Hurricane Harvey hitting the Texas coast, many of our student and parent organizations across our CISD campuses have identified opportunities to support and we are so proud of their efforts. Some of the wonderful efforts are noted below.
CHS organizations will no longer be selling the "Coppell Cowboys Rise For The Texas Coast" t-shirt. However, we will have some available at our Community Tailgate event scheduled for Friday, September 29th at 5:30p at Buddy Echols Stadium. Please come join us for this great community event!
- Austin Elementary Kindergarten class decorated donation boxes for parents to use.
- Austin Elementary also implemented a school-wide Flip Grid to offer encouragement to those affected by Hurricane Harvey. The flip is available online at https://flipgrid.com/382a29.
- Wilson PTO Benefit Concert featuring Wilson Rangers on Monday, Sept 11, 6:00p, Wilson Elementary.
- Mockingbird PTO collecting gift cards for teachers in need. As well, all classrooms have also selected classrooms in Cy-Fair to buddy with (they have 1,070 students!) so they can Skype, send letters and positive notes, etc.
- CHS Football - Partnered with and supported LD Bell's efforts on game night to collect funds.
- Many CISD employees are personally invested and involved in a variety of support efforts, as well.
- NTH@C has committed to partnering with Creech Elementary School in Katy, TX and supporting them throughout the rebuilding of their school and community by hosting a toy donation drive. Creech Elementary is currently housed at a satellite campus at the University of Houston for the remainder of the school year.
- Town Center Elementary is donating teacher luncheon auction items that will be raised during our fall family picnic on Sept. 22.
- Valley Ranch Elementary first graders are collPinkerton Elementary led by 4th grade A class donated 175 Care Kits filled with cleaning and baby items. Approximately 70 kits were donated to a neighborhood in Friendswood, TX and kits were delivered to donation sites for families in need.ecting school supplies for Ft. Bend ISD located southwest of Houston. The VRE first grade team will drive to Houston on Saturday, Sept. 23 to deliver the supplies to Shared Dreams which is part of Ft. Bend ISD.
- Lee Elementary learners sent 1,600 cards to Copeland Elementary in Huffman, Texas on Friday, Sept. 15. The learners also face timed with the students at Copeland Elementary on Monday and determined that Lee will have a two week "Helping Hands for Harvey" drive.
- Denton Creek Elementary Student Council (with the help from PTO) has adopted a year long project of giving back to Adams Elementary in Port Arthur, TX.
- Pinkerton Elementary led by 4th grade A class donated 175 Care Kits filled with cleaning and baby items. Approximately 70 kits were donated to a neightborhood in Friendswood, TX, and the remaining kits were delivered to donation sites for families in need.