Starting in the 2018-2019 school year, CISD is excited to open a new campus for incoming CHS 9th graders, named Coppell High School 9th Grade Campus (CHS9). Therefore, students entering 9th grade in CISD will have a choice to start at CHS9 (with an eventual transition to Coppell High School (CHS) for grades 10-12), or they can complete grades 9-12 at New Tech High @ Coppell. While each high school campus offers unique experiences, both include strong academic preparation for college and career.
We encourage every parent and student to learn more about both choices by visiting their respective school web pages. Please note there are specific application and course registration deadlines for each campus. Some key dates are noted below and additional educational opportunities and information can be found on the individual school web pages as well.
CHS and NTH@C Counselors visit to Middle Schools
- Tuesday, Jan. 16 - CMS North
- Wednesday, Jan. 17 - CMS East
- Wednesday, Jan. 17 - CMS West
Students Shadow Days (8th graders visit both CHS & NTH@C)
- Tuesday, Feb. 6 - CMS North
- Wednesday, Feb. 7 - CMS East
- Thursday, Feb. 8 - CMS West
CHS/CHS9 Key Dates
Tuesday, Jan. 16
2018-19 Course Registration Starts for 10-12th Grades
Monday, Jan. 22
2018-19 Course Registration Starts for 9th Grade
Monday, Jan. 29
2018-19 Course Registration Ends for 10-12th Grades
Monday, Feb. 12
2018-19 Course Registration Ends for 9th Grade
Parent/Student Information Sessions
Wednesday, Jan. 17 @ CHS | 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- How to Register and Navigate the Course Planning Guide - Library Classroom
- Endorsements and Naviance - CHS Commons
- Dual Credit Program - Auditorium
- AP/IB Presentation - Lecture Hall
Note: Each session will be held four times at 6:00, 6:30, 7:00, 7:30
Click here for more information on CHS course registration
Click here for more information on CHS9 course registration
CHS9 leadership will also host Parent/Student Information Sessions designed for more information about CHS9:
- Tuesday, Feb. 6 - CMS West Auditorium, 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 7 - CMS East Cafeteria, 5:30 p.m.
NTH@C Key Dates
Thursday, Jan. 18 by 4:00 p.m.
Early Action Deadline for "Legacy Learners" and any current 8th grader wanting to secure a spot at NTH@C.
("Legacy Learners" are learners who currently have siblings at NTH@C or who have sibling NTH@C graduates)
Monday, Feb. 12 by 4:00 p.m.
Deadline for “Legacy Learners” to commit to attending NTH@C for the 2018-2019 school year
Friday, Mar. 2 by 4:00 p.m.
Deadline for all applications to NTH@C
Click here for more information
Click here for Learner Application
Parent Informational Meetings
Parents, please select at least one of the following dates to attend. This is a requirement for applying to NTH@C.
- Tuesday, Jan. 23 at 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 25 at 6:30 p.m.
Q&A Panel Discussion featuring Facilitators, Parents, Learners
- Thursday, Feb. 8 at 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 13 at 6:30 p.m.
NTH@C Campus Tour for Parents and Community
- Tuesday, Feb. 13 at 9:30-11:30 a.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 15 at 1:00-3:00 p.m.