2019 Secondary Summer School/Accelerated Instruction
CISD is proud to provide a menu of high quality academic programs designed to meet our students’ diverse summer school needs. It is our goal to offer innovative academic opportunities along with the traditional courses that students expect to find in summer school.
Students are offered opportunities for credit recovery - for courses failed, and original credit opportunities in for academic acceleration for Government and Economics only.
NOTE: We no longer offer physical education or a third year of foreign language during summer school for original credit.
Students must live in CISD boundaries to attend our Summer School Program.
Accelerated Instruction Times
- Language Arts 8: 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
- Math 8: 10:00 a.m. - Noon
8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Summer School Information
Dates: June 3-27
School Days: Monday - Thursday
8:00-11:00 a.m. and/or 12:00-3:00 p.m.
Coppell High School Ninth Grade Campus
Summer School Registration
Wednesday, May 29th
Thursday, May 30th
from 8:00-11:00 a.m. at CHS9
All late registration will have a $50.00 additional charge
Summer School Bus Route
Note: Bus Tracker App is not active during summer
Questions about Bus Route?
- Be mindful of the registration deadlines on the Summer School Registration Forms. There is a $50.00 fee for late registration.
- The location of Secondary Summer School is Coppell High School Ninth Grade Campus (1301 Wrangler Circle, Coppell, TX 75019).
- Summer School hours are 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- AM classes: 8:00 am - 11:00 am
- PM classes: 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Learners need to plan to attend both AM and PM sessions in order to finish their course work.
- Elementary Summer School schedule differs from the Secondary Summer School schedule.
- ESL Secondary Summer SChool is by invitation only. All qualifying participants will be notified in the spring. ESL Summer School hours are 8:00 am - 12:00 am.
- Summer School Staff Development is May 30.
- All learners must bring their own set of ear buds for summer school.
Lunch will be provided daily in the CHS9 cafeteria from 11:00 – 12:00. Enjoy hot food, deli sandwiches, salads, snacks, and beverages. Prices vary. Students may pay using cash or their school lunch account.