Middle School Students Receiving New iPads and Accessories Aug. 19-21
Dear Middle School Students and Families,
As we shared with you earlier this summer, Coppell ISD will be providing a new keyboard, Apple pencil, and iPad for all 6th-8th grade students at CMS East, CMS North, and CMS West. The addition of these tools will enable more opportunities for our learners to use various applications within the iPad for writing and creative engagement, while also allowing for the typing and writing component to be more readily available on these devices. As we are now into the 2019-2020 school year, please know it is an expectation for all 6th-8th grade learners to bring their district issued device with them to school each day. This is similar to your child having a resource, such as a textbook, which they are required to bring each day. It also will be the responsibility of the learner to ensure the device comes to school charged and ready to use.
New devices will be distributed to students the week of August 19 during school.
- 6th Grade
- August 19th
- 7th Grade
- August 20th
- 8th Grade
- August 21
Before 6th grade students will receive their iPad, their device fee should be paid at www.coppellisd.com/devicefee. If this fee creates a financial hardship, please contact your campus administration or counselor for alternative arrangements.
Returning 7th and 8th graders, in order to be ready to receive your new device, please make sure the following has been done:
- Your Device Fee has been paid at www.coppellisd.com/devicefee
- If this fee creates a financial hardship, please contact your campus administration or counselor for alternative arrangements.
- Bring Your Current iPad, cord, and charger to school to exchange for your new device and accessories. You will not receive a new iPad without turning in your old iPad and accessories.
- You have backed up needed information and apps. Instructions
- Your device has been wiped. Instructions
We thank you for your support of our district as we head into the 2019-2020 school year.