Coppell ISD will realign its school boundaries for the 2019-2020 school year, as we open the new elementary school in Valley Ranch. This will allow CISD to optimize student capacity at our facilities while accommodating student growth in the southern portion of the district.
The goals for the boundary realignment will be to provide balanced enrollment within the preferred capacities of all campuses, ensure efficient utilization of facilities, maintain the neighborhood school concept and minimize student/movement disruption.
- Strategic Design Implications
- Student Growth Projections
- Transportation Efficiency and Cost
- Staffing Implications and Cost
- Special Programs (e.g. Special Education, Dual Language, IB, Choice, etc.)
- Middle School Feeder Patterns
- Middle School Feeder Patterns as they relate to changes in Elementary Boundaries
Timeline for Realignment
July and August 2018
Individual meetings with Board members to seek general input
Enrollment snapshot to demographer; seek community general input
Start building models with demographer; Fall demographic update presentation to Board
Board Workshop to review models
Refine and narrow models
Present narrowed one or two models to community via forums
Board considers and adopts final proposal
March through May 2019
Inform parents of changes and movement of student files between affected campuses. Revise bus routes to accommodate boundary changes.