Board Approves Calendar Option 1
During their regular meeting on January 24, the CISD Board of Trustees approved the 2011-2012 calendar. The Calendar Committee, which was established by CISD in November 2010, were by the Board to do the following:
1. Propose a calendar that would satisfy any current state mandates regarding school start dates, testing dates, staff development days, and instructional days
2. Propose options that would facilitate a multi-year calendar
3. Discuss the advantages/disadvantages of that calendar
4. Seek input from the constituents they each represent (campus/larger school community) and present any feedback to the committee
5. Be prepared to make a recommendation to the Board of Trustees in January 2011
The committee presented 2 draft options to the Board for consideration. Option 1 was selected and approved by the Board. Click here to view the 2011-2012 school calendar.