Weekend Registration for New Tech High @ Coppell
Registration for the 2009-2010 freshman class at NTH@C will begin at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, February 28, 2009. A total of 140 students will make up the incoming class: 50 percent will be determined on a first-come-first-serve basis and the remaining 50 percent through a lottery process. At 7:00 a.m. Saturday morning, CISD staff will begin distributing numbers, based on line placement, and the campus doors will open at 8:00 a.m. At that time, applications and paperwork will be accepted, in numerical order. Coffee, juice and donuts will be provided.
Please read the following protocol regarding the registration process.
The line for the first come-first serve process will begin at NTH@C side entrance (by the gym). There will be clearly marked lines to follow as the line forms throughout the evening.
- Only a parent, guardian, or applicant may turn in an application to NTH@C personnel. A copy of the line holder's driver's license should be provided as proof of guardianship.
- You cannot hold places in line for another family's applicant (one person may not represent five families, etc.)
- You cannot be on school district property before 5:00 p.m. The line will open at 5:00 p.m., Friday, February 27, 2009.
- You may leave the line to go to the portable restrooms and not lose your place in line as long as you return immediately from the restroom facilities.
- Coppell police officers will be on the property at all times during the registration process.
- No cooking, open flames, alcohol, or tobacco are allowed on school district property.
- CISD reserves the right to place an applicant in the lottery in the event of any violations of these protocols or disruptions during the registration process.