The 31 member CISD Strategic Planning Team, comprised of parents, staff, students, and community members, met January 21-23, 2009 to set the district's course for the next 5 years. Action teams were then developed and began meeting in February 2009, before being adopted by the Board of Trustees in July 2009.
In response to the district's overall Strategic Plan and specific action plans, each campus chose areas of interest to research, which would positively and directly increase campus rigor.
- Coppell High School is researching Small Learning Communities (SLC) through the Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs. (CTE Brochure)
- New Tech High @ Coppell, as a newly opened campus, is continuing strategies to support the Project-Based Learning (PBL) model.
- Victory Place @ Coppell (formally Education Annex) is looking at Authentic Assessment.
- CMS East, CMS North, and CMS West are further exploring Rigor, Relevance, and Relationships through their own Middle School Strategic Plan. (Learn more)
- Austin, Cottonwood Creek, and Lakeside Elem. are investigating the use of Thinking Maps.
- Denton Creek and Pinkerton Elem. are looking into an elementary International Baccalaureate (IB) program.
- Town Center Elem. is researching the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) model.
- Mockingbird and Valley Ranch Elem. are studying the Project-Based Learning model.
- Wilson Elem. is looking at Academic Vertical Teams.