CISD Calls Bond Election
Following the recommendation of the 25 member Bond Committee, the CISD Board of Trustees called a $55.9 million bond election for May 9, 2009. The bond is divided into two parts: the first proposition for $40.9 million and the second proposition for $15 million. The main components of the first proposition include renovations and repairs of facilities, technology updates, library materials and facilities, and playground equipment over the next five years. The second proposition of $15 million is for the maintenance note conversion to finalize the purchase of CISD's 122 acres of North Lake property. Below is a list of the specific categories within the bond package:
- Technology Updates & Financial Management $15,812,000
- HVAC, Lighting, & Energy Management $8,081,564
- Roofing, Carpeting, & Repairs $5,425,736
- Shift of M&O Expenditures to Bond $4,053,000
- Architectural, Engineering, & Misc. $2,267,608
- Library Materials & Facilities $2,203,000
- Playgrounds, P.E., & Athletics $1,942,500
- Band Instrument Replacements & Theatre Renovations $1,405,500
- Land Infrastructure Development (Phase 1 of NL) $1,000,000
- Campus Safety & Security $676,700
Coppell Nature Park Facility $300,000
- Maintenance Note Conversion (North Lake) $15,000,000
Informational meetings are being scheduled in April and will be posted to the CISD web site.
Early voting for the Coppell ISD bond election will be held April 27 thru May 5 at City Hall and the election will begin on Saturday May 9. For polling sites and more information about the proposed bond package visit https://www.coppellisd.com/.