Get Ready for Pre-Kindergarten
A Child is eligible for enrollment in Pre-Kindergarten for the 2010-2011 school year, if they…
• are four years of age by September 1, 2010
• reside within the boundaries of Coppell ISD
• and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- The child needs English as a second language, and must be tested for limited English proficiency; or
- Educationally disadvantaged; or
- A homeless child, as defined by 42 U.S.C. Section 11434a, regardless of the residence of the child, of either parent of the child, or of the child's guardian or other person having lawful control of the child; or
- The child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or
- The child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- Ever has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code.
• For English as a Second Language (ESL), your child must first be tested. Call 214-496-6021 to schedule an appointment for your child.
• For Free and Reduced lunch qualifications, call 214-496-8050 for more information.
• To qualify under the other three criteria, call 214-496-7008 for additional information.