CISD Bus Registration
The CISD Transportation Department offers two types of bus service for the students of Coppell ISD. The Pay to Ride service enables students who live within two miles of their school to ride the bus for a fee. Not all neighborhoods qualify for Pay to Ride service so call 214.496.8082 to inquire if your address qualifies. Students who live farther than two miles from their school ride the regular bus service, which is free. Special Education students who qualify for bus service will not be charged a fee to receive transportation and DO NOT need a bus pass. ALL other students who ride a school bus will have to acquire a photo identification card in order to ride, including Pre-K students. The ID card will be required and must be displayed to the bus driver when boarding the bus. Students will be charged a $5.00 fee to replace lost/stolen bus ID cards.
All Students must have a bus pass by the first day of school: August 23, 2010. Failure to display the bus pass three times may result in termination of bus service for the remainder of the school year. No refunds will be given to any student who is removed from the bus for disciplinary reasons.
Buses will run as close as possible to the published schedule; however, the first several weeks of school are a period of adjustment. Routes will not run early but may occasionally run late until revisions are made. Bus schedules and times will be posted at each campus during school registration, as well as in the local newspaper and on the district and campus web sites. Please note the following:
- Each route has designated stops. These are the only stops where students will be allowed to board the bus. Please check with the school or call 214.496.8090 to find out the stops.
- Students are expected to ride their designated bus to and from school.
- Students should be at the bus stop 10 minutes before the scheduled pick up time.
Bus Pass Registration
Registration will be August 9 – 14 at the Coppell ISD Service Center, 1303 Wrangler Circle, located behind Coppell Middle School West. If you have any questions please call 214.496.8082. STUDENT MUST BE PRESENT FOR THE PHOTO ID.
- Monday, August 9, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 10, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 11, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday, August 12, 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Friday, August 13, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday, August 14, 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Regular office hours are 7:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. (Our office will be closed August 17, in order to attend Convocation)
Pay to Ride semester rates will be:
- 1st child - $150.00
- 2nd child - $120.00
- 3rd child - $95.00
Cash, check, Master Card or Visa will be accepted. A prorated refund will only be issued to students who move out of the Pay to Ride zone or out of the district.
Students on free or reduced lunches are eligible for free transportation.