It's Time Texas Community Challenge
Coppell ISD’s Student Health Advisory Council (SHAC), in partnership with the City of Coppell (through
their Living Well in Coppell program), is once again encouraging parent participation in the ITT (It’s Time Texas) Community
The statewide Challenge, sponsored by HEB, runs from January 9 through March 31 and involves school districts and communities across Texas demonstrating physical, nutritional or personal wellness behaviors. Wellness activities, which qualify, can be as simple as:
- Walking or jogging around your neighborhood
- Cooking or eating a healthy meal
- Working out at home, the CORE, YMCA, Senior Center or a local fitness club
- Throwing a Frisbee or kicking a soccer ball at the park
- Shopping at the Coppell Farmers Market
- Joining “Walk to School Wednesdays”
- Helping out at the School or Community Gardens
- Meditation or yoga for stress relief
- Walking your dog
- Playing with your kids in the yard or at a park
- Or anything else that contributes to your physical, nutritional or personal wellness
leadership team, Coppell ISD’s superintendent, principals, and teachers
districtwide have pledged their participation – now we need YOU to join the effort! All you need to do is register, then take a
photo of your activity and post it on www.ittcommunitychallenge.com.
We have won for the past two years, and our goal for the 2017 Challenge is to help Coppell ISD’s kids win a “Threepeate” through increased participation and uploads over last year.
First Place/2015 - $1500 prize award used for School
First Place/2016 – $1500 prize award used for Social Emotional Wellness
Encourage your family, neighbors, friends in your child’s extra-curricular parent circles to join- in! Take the first step to register, then enjoy this fun way to jumpstart your good health in 2017! Help Coppell ISD kids win a “Threepeate” when you register & participate at www.ittcommunitychallenge.com.